Rendering issues with Adreno GPU

bernar...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2016, 6:30:24 AM6/20/16
to GLyphy

i,

I have managed to adapt glyphy to compile using ndk-build tool for Android platform and using cmake on Linux gcc environment.
It compiles and runs fine and I tested it on nVidia and intel integrated GPUs on Linux, but on Android I have problem running on some devices powered by
Adreno GPU - LG G3, Galaxy S4 and and Asus Nexus 7 2013. You can see the look of the text rendered on the following images:

Everything is rendered fine on Genymotion virtual machine and on the Galaxy S6 wih Mali T760 GPU.

I don't have any other devices to invesitage further, but I suspect that this has to be related wit the shader compiler for the specified GPU.
Is there anything I could to to avoid the problem?

Regards.

Bernard Čupić
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3
Auto Generated Inline Image 4
Auto Generated Inline Image 5

Behdad Esfahbod

Jul 23, 2016, 1:44:09 AM7/23/16
to gly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bernard,

Excuse me for the late response.

Unfortunately I had to deal with similar issues with any driver I tried GLyphy with.  Typically these result from substandard or just different implementations of float and int precision in shaders.  There is no easy way to fix them; they need debugging and coming up with guesses as to what the problem is, and working around them :(.

Did you have any further luck?

behdad

bernar...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2016, 5:40:30 AM9/1/16
to GLyphy
Hi,

No, I have been busy with some other stuff. I have postponed it for later investigation. I haven't idea where to start with this, is it a driver problem or what?

Regards.

bernar...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2019, 12:19:20 PM3/5/19
to GLyphy
Hi,

I had the same problem on the Windows platform rendering enscripten compiled code. These issues are evident regardles of the graphic card. I managed to trace down the problem to the glyphy_sdf function.
It seems that windows drivers doesn't like to copy glyphy_arc_endpoint_t (prev_endpoint = endpoint) so instead I opted to copy only vec2 point (since it is the enough), but it has to be done at the end of the loop.
I will create the pull request with this fix. Now it works as expected.

Regards.