Issue 6 in glyphy: What platforms does the lib target?

gly...@googlecode.com

Nov 19, 2013, 5:21:43 AM11/19/13
to gly...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 6 by michael....@idomoo.com: What platforms does the lib target?
http://code.google.com/p/glyphy/issues/detail?id=6

Hi.Should this lib compile on Windows?I am trying to install it but I have
multiple conflicts with windows C/c++ libraries.

Thanks.

issue notifications to this address.

gly...@googlecode.com

Nov 26, 2013, 11:31:14 PM11/26/13
to gly...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 6 by behdad.e...@gmail.com: What platforms does the lib
target?
http://code.google.com/p/glyphy/issues/detail?id=6

GLyphy has successfully been run on Linux and MacOS X. People have also
run it on iOS. I have a port to Android but couldn't find any device that
would successfully run it. I don't know of anyone who has got it running
on Windows so far.

gly...@googlecode.com

Nov 27, 2013, 3:58:18 AM11/27/13
to gly...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 6 by michael....@idomoo.com: What platforms does the
lib target?
http://code.google.com/p/glyphy/issues/detail?id=6

Apparently it wasn't run on Windows before :)

gly...@googlecode.com

Dec 15, 2013, 1:57:02 AM12/15/13
to gly...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 6 by rex...@gmail.com: What platforms does the lib
target?
http://code.google.com/p/glyphy/issues/detail?id=6

On OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) with AMD Radeon HD 6770M, I get this error:
Enter: demo_glstate_create
Enter: demo_shader_create_program
Enter: compile_shader
Leave: compile_shader
Enter: compile_shader
Fragment shader failed to compile
ERROR: 0:486: No matching function for call to max(int, int)

I fixed it in demo-fshader.glsl, Line 95,
from:
color += vec4(0,.3,0,.3 - abs(gsdist) / float(max(gi.nominal_size.x,
gi.nominal_size.y)));
to:
color += vec4(0,.3,0,.3 - abs(gsdist) / max(float(gi.nominal_size.x),
float(gi.nominal_size.y)));

gly...@googlecode.com

Dec 15, 2013, 3:20:07 PM12/15/13
to gly...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 6 by beh...@chromium.org: What platforms does the lib
target?
http://code.google.com/p/glyphy/issues/detail?id=6

Thanks, fixed that.

I've now got it running on Android KitKat on Nexus 4 and 5.

gly...@googlecode.com

Mar 6, 2014, 11:11:30 PM3/6/14
to gly...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 6 by r...@n4.io: What platforms does the lib target?
http://code.google.com/p/glyphy/issues/detail?id=6

Hi, awesome font rendering! This definitely looks like the way forward,
geometry in texture. brilliant. Can't wait to use it for something (did
http://trace.gl, use texturemap fonts), shader compatibility can be pretty
hell though. Can you tell me what the speed is on nexus 5? Can you run the
shader at interactive framerates fullscreen? And what about the Intel
HD3000/4000? Have you seen it run on windows through ANGLE? Im thinking of
integrating this into a new kind of DOM renderer on chromiums GL ES 2
stack, just curious if it will run yet for people. traceGL had some freaky
compatibility issues i couldnt solve.

gly...@googlecode.com

Mar 13, 2014, 12:25:12 AM3/13/14
to gly...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 6 by beh...@chromium.org: What platforms does the lib
target?
http://code.google.com/p/glyphy/issues/detail?id=6

Using Android Kitkat I get 15 to 25 (depending on tweaks) frames
full-screen on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 7 2013 right now.