Rendering Errors

Steve Baer

Oct 12, 2017, 1:04:57 PM10/12/17
to GLyphy
Hi Behdad,
We're trying to use glyphy in our application and have have had quite a bit of success for the most part, so thanks!!

Every once in a while we end up seeing a bug with respect to rendering glyphs and it looks to be driver specific. Here's a screenshot of what we see in this case.

Any ideas on what is causing this type of bug? We write geometry code for a living and would be more than happy to help contribute back to the project, but figured it was best to start by asking you if you had an idea of what was causing this.

Thanks,
-Steve

Steve Baer
Robert McNeel & Associates

Behdad Esfahbod

Oct 17, 2017, 6:15:14 PM10/17/17
to gly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

As you noticed, GLyphy is quite fragile on different drivers.  First place to start is to check if changing the float precision helps...  I have to take a look at the code to suggest places to poke.  But first try the float thing.

Cheers,

sbae...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 10:51:20 PM10/30/17
to GLyphy
Are you referring to the value of epsilon for "float precision"?

Thanks,
-Steve
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to glyphy+un...@googlegroups.com.

Behdad Esfahbod

Nov 13, 2017, 10:45:04 PM11/13/17
to gly...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 7:51 PM, <sbae...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you referring to the value of epsilon for "float precision"?

No I meant to GLSL float and int precision specifiers, which we want to be "highp".  Not all hardware implements that though.  The demo-shader does that.  Search for "highp".  Are you doing this in your application?  Does the demo app work?