Pandoc a universal document converter

adwayish

Aug 10, 2011, 4:00:36 PM8/10/11
to Glyph
Hello,

I am wondering if you guys aware of Pandoc "a universal document
converter" http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/index.html. I think it
will be very handy tool for glyph in that it can extend glyph
capabilities to import/export to different formats. it has a ruby
wrapper called pandoc-ruby https://github.com/alphabetum/pandoc-ruby

Fabio Cevasco

Aug 11, 2011, 1:29:26 AM8/11/11
to glyph-f...@googlegroups.com
Indeed I stumbled across Pandoc before, and I actually thought about integrating it with Glyph somehow.

If you search Glyph issues, you'll find Issue #117 "Pandoc Integration". I tagged it as "Rejected" mainly because of the complexity that such integration would add to Glyph, but it's something I would be willing to experiment with in the future, maybe.

In the next version of Glyph I would like to implement a plugin system, and perhaps something like this could become a possible candidate for a Glyph plugin.

Fabio Cevasco
web: http://www.h3rald.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/h3rald