Feature Freeze for Glyph 0.4.0 + Feedback needed!

1 view

Fabio Cevasco

Aug 8, 2010, 2:43:07 PM8/8/10
to Glyph
The 0.4.0 release of Glyph is getting closer: as of today, all
features planned for this release have been implemented and I won't be
adding new ones until Glyph 0.5.0.

This basically means that I am now in the process of updating the
reference API docs, the Glyph book, and then I'll release Glyph 0.4.0.
This does *not* mean that Glyph 0.4.0 is already out or usable, only
that I'll just be hunting for bugs until the release.

...and you're more than welcome to do so, too!

AFAIK, Stuart Ellis is trying out the current development version of
Glyph with his "JRuby QuickStart" (http://github.com/stuartellis/
jruby_quickstart)... I'd really like to see more people trying it out.
If you know Ruby and you're using Glyph for some project, feel free to
clone/fork the repo (http://github.com/h3rald/glyph) and try it out.
I'll be extremely grateful for any bug you report and/or fix!

Besides this, now it would be a good time to propose some new features
for Glyph 0.5.0 or vote for one of the already-planned ones:
http://github.com/h3rald/glyph/issues.

My goal is to implement (nearly) all of the planned features before
reaching 1.0.0, but if you want something particular to be implemented
next, just ask! :-)

Stuart Ellis

Aug 8, 2010, 6:36:23 PM8/8/10
to glyph-f...@googlegroups.com

On 8 Aug 2010, at 19:43, Fabio Cevasco wrote:

> The 0.4.0 release of Glyph is getting closer: as of today, all
> features planned for this release have been implemented and I won't be
> adding new ones until Glyph 0.5.0.
>
> This basically means that I am now in the process of updating the
> reference API docs, the Glyph book, and then I'll release Glyph 0.4.0.
> This does *not* mean that Glyph 0.4.0 is already out or usable, only
> that I'll just be hunting for bugs until the release.
>
> ...and you're more than welcome to do so, too!
>
> AFAIK, Stuart Ellis is trying out the current development version of
> Glyph with his "JRuby QuickStart" (http://github.com/stuartellis/
> jruby_quickstart)... I'd really like to see more people trying it out.
> If you know Ruby and you're using Glyph for some project, feel free to
> clone/fork the repo (http://github.com/h3rald/glyph) and try it out.
> I'll be extremely grateful for any bug you report and/or fix!

Yes, I've been using Bundler to run development versions of Glyph from Git on a parallel branch of my documentation project, so I've been building it with both Glyph 0.3.0 and development versions all of this week. I encountered something today that *might* be a bug, which I'll investigate some more tomorrow to make sure, and one warning (I'll file an issue report for that).

---
Stuart Ellis
stu...@stuartellis.eu