RedCloth Warning

carlskii

Jul 30, 2010, 7:33:50 AM7/30/10
to Glyph
Hi,

Whenever I run a compile, Glyph seems that RedCloth is not installed.
I'm running OSX and it definitely there:

warning: RedCloth gem not installed. Please run: gem install RedCloth
source: test.textile

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.2.2, 1.3.6)
actionpack (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.2.2, 1.13.6)
actionwebservice (1.2.6)
activerecord (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.2.2, 1.15.6)
activeresource (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.2.2)
activesupport (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.2.2, 1.4.4)
acts_as_ferret (0.4.8, 0.4.3)
BlueCloth (1.0.1)
capistrano (2.5.19, 2.5.2)
cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.5.0)
daemons (1.1.0, 1.0.10)
dnssd (1.3.1, 0.6.0)
extlib (0.9.15)
fastthread (1.0.7, 1.0.1)
fcgi (0.8.8, 0.8.7)
ferret (0.11.6)
gem_plugin (0.2.3)
gli (1.1.1)
glyph (0.3.0)
highline (1.6.1, 1.5.0)
hpricot (0.8.2, 0.6.164)
libxml-ruby (1.1.4, 1.1.2)
mongrel (1.1.5)
needle (1.3.0)
net-scp (1.0.2, 1.0.1)
net-sftp (2.0.4, 2.0.1, 1.1.1)
net-ssh (2.0.23, 2.0.4, 1.1.4)
net-ssh-gateway (1.0.1, 1.0.0)
rack (1.1.0, 1.0.1)
rails (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.2.2, 1.2.6)
rake (0.8.7, 0.8.3)
RedCloth (4.2.2, 4.1.1)
ruby-openid (2.1.8, 2.1.2)
ruby-yadis (0.3.4)
rubygems-update (1.3.7)
rubynode (0.1.5)
sqlite3-ruby (1.3.1, 1.2.4)
termios (0.9.4)
xmpp4r (0.5, 0.4)

Is there anything else I need to check?

Regards,

Carl

h3raLd

Jul 30, 2010, 7:45:15 AM7/30/10
to Glyph
Yes, I noticed the problem a while ago... incorrect exception
handling: an error of some kind occurred, but it's treated like a
LoadError.

Here's what you can do to fix the problem:

-- Run Glyph in debug mode (this should show more details on the
actual error): glyph --debug compile.
-- Download the latest source from github and use that: I should have
fixed that error a while ago (run rake install to create a new gem
file and then install it).
-- Wait until the next release (most likely sometime next month) or
fix (I didn't plan any, but if you want I can send you an updated .gem
file).

Hope it helps!

h3raLd

Jul 30, 2010, 7:49:08 AM7/30/10
to Glyph
Here, try installing this gem (generated right now from glyph/master):

http://groups.google.com/group/glyph-framework/web/glyph-0.3.0_20100730.gem

carlskii

Jul 30, 2010, 8:33:20 AM7/30/10
to Glyph
Hi Thanks for this, however I think the link is broken!

Regards,

Carl

On Jul 30, 12:49 pm, h3raLd <h3r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here, try installing this gem (generated right now from glyph/master):
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/glyph-framework/web/glyph-0.3.0_201007...

Fabio Cevasco

Jul 30, 2010, 8:36:42 AM7/30/10
to glyph-f...@googlegroups.com
Click "Files" in the user group navigation menu, it should be there...

Fabio

carlskii

Jul 30, 2010, 8:53:48 AM7/30/10
to Glyph
Hmm...

Just tried that and I get this:

The page you navigated to does not exist.

Carl

Fabio Cevasco

Jul 30, 2010, 9:19:37 AM7/30/10
to glyph-f...@googlegroups.com
Did you register as a member of this user group? Maybe files are not accessible to visitors, only to members.

Fabio

carlskii

Jul 30, 2010, 10:27:00 AM7/30/10
to Glyph
Yep - Registered and logged in!

could you email it to me?

carl....@intellect.co.uk

Regards,

Carl

Fabio Cevasco

Jul 30, 2010, 1:08:55 PM7/30/10
to glyph-f...@googlegroups.com
Weird... I emailed you the file anyway. Hope it works!

Fabio

carlskii

Jul 30, 2010, 1:36:13 PM7/30/10
to Glyph
Hi Fabio,

Got the email thanks. However after installing the new Gem I get the
same error.

"RedCloth gem not installed"

:-(

Carl

On Jul 30, 6:08 pm, Fabio Cevasco <h3r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Weird... I emailed you the file anyway. Hope it works!
>
> Fabio
>

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 4:27 PM, carlskii <carl.bou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yep - Registered and logged in!
>
> > could you email it to me?
>
> > carl.bou...@intellect.co.uk

Fabio Cevasco

Jul 30, 2010, 1:41:16 PM7/30/10
to glyph-f...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm.... alright then, could you try to compile in debug mode (glyph --debug compile) and post the command line output here (in particular the backtrace of the error, if any)?

Fabio

carlskii

Jul 31, 2010, 5:14:20 AM7/31/10
to Glyph
OK - So I tried again on a different Mac and it works OK now. I will

In the meantime I get a warning if any of my textile markup includes
tables.

So my code include this:

|Table|row1|

Which generates this warning:

-> warning: Macro 'textile' takes exactly 1 parameter(s) (4 given)
source: stuff2.textile
path: textile

Is this to be expected?

Carl

Fabio Cevasco

Jul 31, 2010, 5:22:13 AM7/31/10
to glyph-f...@googlegroups.com
Indeed it is expected. Glyph uses pipes to separate macro parameters, so if you have something like:

textile[
 |Table|row1|
]

...it's like you're trying to pass four parameters to the textile macro: "", "Table", "row1", "".

You have two possibilities:

1) Escape all the pipes:

textile[
\|Table\|row1\|
]

2) perhaps better, use either raw HTML or the corresponding glyph macros outside the textile macro, e.g.:

table[
 tr[
  td[Table]
  td[row1]
 ]
]

...or you could make your own macros to create particular table rows, like I did for Glyph's changelog: