Reminder: 2nd GLIC online Meeting

issaku yamada

Jul 25, 2016, 6:26:01 PM7/25/16
to Glycoinformatics Consortium GLIC

Dear all,

This is a friendly reminder that the second GLIC online meeting will be July 28th at the same time, on Google Hangouts (unless there are LOTS of people who would prefer Skype - please let us know)

  • 9pm Japan

  • 2pm Switzerland

  • 8am US East Coast

We are also organizing a GLIC meeting/hackathon on the evening of August 26, from around 16:00-19:00pm after the Warren Workshop, for those who are attending.  Please write/update in your name at the bottom of the Google Doc if you can attend.  If you cannot be there physically but can participate remotely, please indicate so.

Also, we briefly discussed the possibility of a distributed hackathon in September, where groups of GLIC members come together at nearby locations (hubs) and Skype/Google Hangout between these hubs around the same time.  It may become a true 24-hour hackathon if we cover Europe, Japan and the US!  :)

We can discuss this more at the next GLIC meeting.

For now, please sign up for the working groups soon so that the group leaders can get in touch and have group meetings as needed.  It would be nice to be able to report on some progress by the next meeting or in August.

Previous meeting documentation (July 28th):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11yDGY3HSHY0zPWkAdgriE8SXDJJYeW6YWPrUfOnDlSc/edit?ts=575a5495

GLIC meeting/hackathon (August 26th):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FoayrQTZ8Vqdzgiq5VYzGkCaHoURtsWhnuwfVfyhBVk/edit

Best,