GLIC meeting

issaku yamada

Jun 14, 2016, 1:15:00 AM6/14/16
to glycoinformatics...@googlegroups.com

Dear Glycoinfomatics Consortium (GLIC) members

Thank you all for participating in GLIC.  This is the first official email to all participants.

Currently, we are all facing various issues in our respective research in glyco-informatics.

For example, the extension of the GlycoRDF ontology is one of high priority, in addition to methods for glycan format conversion, 3D representations, automated annotation of glycomics experiments, etc.  Therefore, we would like to hold an online discussion in July, as well as an offline meeting at the Warren Workshop in August (http://warrenworkshop2016.glycoinfo.org), with those who can participate.  Please fill in the following Doodle Poll to indicate when you will be able to participate:

http://doodle.com/poll/dss85v8nyb2wh6bn

We have also created a document to share the discussion topics for these meetings, at the following link:

GLIC Meeting 2016 <- Click here

Please write in any topics/problems that you would like to discuss in this document.  We will then try to cover as much as possible during our meetings.  There are already a few issues listed in this document.  When you add a topic, please also include your name.

We are also considering to create a few GLIC working groups to cover the various topics.  There is already a WURCS working group (WURCS-WG), which we would like to continue under the umbrella of GLIC.  Please add any working groups and your name into the working group(s) you are interested in joining.  We will decide on group leaders during our meeting.

Information exchange and cooperation is of utmost importance.  We welcome your active participation!

Issaku Yamada

Kiyoko F. Aoki-Kinoshita

Kiyoko F. Aoki-Kinoshita

Jun 27, 2016, 5:38:24 AM6/27/16
to issaku yamada, glycoinformatics...@googlegroups.com
Dear GLIC members,

To follow up on Yamada's email, we'd like to ask everyone to vote on
the Doodle poll by the end of this week, July 1st. Also, please
update the document by mid-July, before the first online meeting
(currently it looks like the latter part of July is good for most
people).

Thank you for your time,

Kiyoko
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/glycoinformatics-consortium-glic/CANSvdkqu0_GmCBCSnTVz3j05YFbgMpjqvz%2B2%3Di8FP6sxdn5pbQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Kiyoko F. Aoki-Kinoshita

Jul 5, 2016, 2:26:14 AM7/5/16
to issaku yamada, glycoinformatics...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Sorry for the late response.  I hope it is not too late to try to have our first GLIC online meeting
this Thursday?  The results of the poll was either the 7th or the 28th, during the first time slot
which is 9pm Japan Time.  We'll try for the 7th and if needed we will schedule another meeting
on the 28th.  We will try Google Hangouts.  If anyone has any other suggestions, please let us
know.

Please let us know your gmail account and Skype account just in case we decide to use
Skype instead at the last minute.  Please write your account information in the following
document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11yDGY3HSHY0zPWkAdgriE8SXDJJYeW6YWPrUfOnDlSc/edit?ts=575a5495

Thank you in advance,

Kiyoko