GLES 2.0 support

Roman Voropaev

Dec 19, 2014, 3:48:58 PM12/19/14
to glwallpap...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone.
I'm developing 3d live wallpaper for android.
GLWallpaperService seems to be a perfect choice for me, but it has one little problem - it lacks GLES 2 support.
How can I tune it to support GLES 2 commands?
I understand that this question may be asked earlier, but fast search did not yield any useful info.
Thanks.

Josh Gooderham

Dec 19, 2014, 3:53:14 PM12/19/14
to glwallpap...@googlegroups.com

You may want to look into a proper framework. Rajawali and Libgdx have live wallpaper support and are designed around gles 2. They also have many of the bells and whistles of a game framework like model/image asset loading, shader and render state management, scene graphs and more.

Josh

Mark Guerra

Dec 22, 2014, 9:00:00 AM12/22/14
to glwallpap...@googlegroups.com
This tutorial by Kevin Brothaler will show you how to adapt GLWallpaperService to support OpenGL ES 2.0

http://www.learnopengles.com/how-to-use-opengl-es-2-in-an-android-live-wallpaper/

Roman Voropaev

Jan 1, 2015, 10:14:22 AM1/1/15
to glwallpap...@googlegroups.com