VBOs?

U A

Dec 22, 2011, 10:28:58 AM12/22/11
to GLWallpaperService
Has any one had any problems with VBOs?

I've read that they are mandatory on OpenGL ES 1.1 (which is basically
the majority of Android phones nowadays). However, I've also read that
some phones have buggy VBO support. For example, see here:

http://www.badlogicgames.com/wordpress/?p=21

digitdroid

Dec 22, 2011, 11:08:24 AM12/22/11
to GLWallpaperService
VBO and other opengl stuff is broken on some old low-end arm5/arm6
phones (mostly 1.5, 1.6), due buggy opengl drivers from gpu vendors.
Some phones got update to 2.1/2.2 and now do not have this problem.
Anyway LW not supported on phones with 1.5/1.6 Android OS.
Btw. not all phones with 2.1/2.2 support LW (due memory limitation or
just for no reason).