Testing a GLWS Renderer in an Activity with GLSurfaceView

Mark F Guerra

Dec 21, 2011, 9:18:17 AM12/21/11
to GLWallpaperService
Hi everyone,

GitHub user Projekt2501 saw a need to test his wallpaper's Renderer
class using an Activity instead of directly in a wallpaper. This is
pretty useful because it is a faster workflow for developers. As a
coincidence I also prefer to develop in a test activity, althought I
accomplish it in a different way.

He was nice enough to send in a pull request. Although we decided not
to use that particular commit (0bb6267) our discussion continues on
that thread.
https://github.com/markfguerra/GLWallpaperService/pull/18

We have bounced around a few proposals. At this point it's time to
make a design decision on how to handle this use case.

I'm still evaluating the best course of action, so if you guys have
any input I would like to hear it.

Thanks,
Mark