Updated Live Wallpaper Tutorials

Walt

Apr 24, 2012, 12:36:38 AM4/24/12
to GLWallpaperService
Hi All,

Just thought I would post this for those who are interested... Just
released NeHe lessons 1-9,11 and 16 as live wallpapers on
androidgametutorials.com - Hopefully someone finds it useful!

If you have some old live wallpaper source that you think will help
the android live wallpaper community as a whole, please shoot me an
email and I'll post it on the site and give you whatever credit you
want.

Cheers,
Walter

renjith kn

Oct 19, 2012, 6:13:41 AM10/19/12
to glwallpap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Walter The link seems to be not working please have a look

Renjith KN

Oct 19, 2012, 6:39:40 AM10/19/12
to glwallpap...@googlegroups.com
Hi ALL,
I am trying to develop my first live wallpaper,
I created a simple sprite animation on another project and I am able to run our example of rotating triangle.
I need to bring my sprite animation to my wallpaper
But the problem is I don't know how to load my texture atlas or other files when I am using GL wallpaper service,
The real pain is I don't know how to get the context to read files from assets or resourses
Please any one help me...
Sample codes are much appreciated

 Thank you guys

Daniel Schuler

Oct 19, 2012, 12:09:16 PM10/19/12
to glwallpap...@googlegroups.com
The GLWallpaperService is pretty low-level. It just combines GLSurfaceView and WallpaperService, so that it's possible to use OpenGL.
I suggest you have a look at the official Android docs (d.android.com), which has some OpenGL samples. It sounds like you'd be interested in some higher-level abstraction though - I briefly looked at Rajawali (https://github.com/MasDennis/Rajawali), which combines GLWallpaperService and can import objects, textures, etc. It looks pretty interesting and seems to be actively developed.

Daniel