Particle gun results into ROOT tree

Peter Pauli

Jun 24, 2024, 11:22:23 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to GlueX Software Help
Hi all,

it's been a while since I ran particle gun studies. I hope there is an easy solution for my simple problem:
I want to have the four vector information for reconstructed particle gun events in a simple ROOT tree.
Do we have a plugin that does that?

Ideally, I would also like to have the four vector information of all generated particle gun tracks in the same root tree. That way I could easily study the acceptance/efficiency on an event basis.

If I remember correctly, one can use mcthrown_tree on particle gun events so if there is no plugin that provides all information in one tree I can at least combine the information from the thrown tree with a plugin that outputs a tree for reconstructed particle gun events. I just don't know if such a plugin exists.

I suppose I could create a python script that goes over the danarest.hddm file and stores the information in a tree, but I hope a solution already exists.

Cheers,
Peter