evio and dynamic exception specifications

Mark Ito

Jan 11, 2023, 8:52:04 PM1/11/23
to Software Help, tim...@jlab.org
Folks,

Having trouble compiling jana under Fedora 37. The error comes from a
evio header file. I am using gcc version 12.2.1, which is native to
Fedora 37. The problem is with dynamic exception specifications. They
are not allowed with this compiler. The error message is attached.

  -- Mark

evio_error.txt

David Lawrence

Jan 12, 2023, 9:54:26 AM1/12/23
to Mark Ito, Software Help, Carl Timmer
Hi Mark,

  I recently ran into this with ET code as well. It seems these were deprecated in C++11 and then removed
in C++17. My guess is this may be due to using a new C++ standard and not the compiler itself. (Not that
it changes the problem!).

  Believe it or not, this goes all of the way back to code Elliott Wolin wrote. I hadn’t realized this was also
in EVIO. Carl is probably closest to that code and can have a look at it. This will likely mean going to a
new version of EVIO. Hall-D is a couple of versions behind now I think.

Regards,
-David

David Lawrence Ph.D.
Staff Scientist - - EPSCI Group Lead
Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
Newport News, VA
dav...@jlab.org
(757) 269-5567 W
(757) 746-6697 C