custom_viewer input_box widget

Adrian Martínez Vargas

Aug 9, 2019, 4:31:54 PM8/9/19
to Glue users
Hi,

Is there any easy way to add an input_box widget using keywords added to custom_viewer(), as shown on http://docs.glueviz.org/en/stable/customizing_guide/custom_viewer.html? At the moment I only see options to create sliders, checkboxes, dropdown menus,  dropdown menus with keys, and dropdown menus with attributes.

I'm basically looking for a way of adding parameters with arbitrary values via custom_viewer. Any alternative but simple idea?

Kind regards,
Adrian

Thomas Robitaille

Feb 9, 2020, 11:31:47 AM2/9/20
to glue...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

Apologies for the delay - to add an input field to a custom viewer, you can do e.g.:

cplot = custom_viewer('Custom Plot',
                      x='att(x)',
                      y='att(y)',
                      s=2,
                      name="_default name")

In this case, s will be an input form for values, and name will be an input form for text/strings, with the default value taken from anything after the _.

I'll make sure we add this to the documentation - and let me know if it doesn't work for you!

Cheers,
Tom