Overplotting unselectable reference data

Jonathan Gagné

Oct 7, 2021, 11:17:43 AM10/7/21
to Glue users
Hey everyone,

I have just started to play with Glue and I am very impressed by its capabilities so far.

There is one thing I would very much like to do that seems to be currently impossible; I would like to overplot reference data or lines to an existing scatterplot, without it being selectable. For example I have a color-magnitude diagram (CMD) of an open cluster, which I want to be selectable, but I'd still like to see the CMD of field stars in the background (from a different data set, and thus different columns) as well as a solid line on top, also from a different dataset.

I have seen in other discussions that overplotting different columns pose a conceptual challenge if I wanted those to be selectable, but here is the thing: I don't want them to be selectable. I just want them to be references to guide my eyes when I look at the plot.

Maybe there's a way to overplot the data from the iPython console ? Unfortunately that would mean I would have to re-do this every time I open my session (or is there a way to run a short Python script every time the session opens ?)

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.