3D numpy array and axes

dorai iyer

Sep 22, 2020, 3:27:22 PM9/22/20
to Glue users
Hi,
I am having a problem that appears to have been discussed at least twice with the link to

My data is in the form of 3D numpy array [260,128,256] where the 260 are the 260 points where I change the electrical bias from negative to  positive values through 0 in mV and the other two  are simply typical image coordinates in microns.

I  have been able to visualize the data as array points now I would like to put the coordinates in and this is where things got really difficult for me.

I am not able to translate the coordinates to WCS in 3D. it is most probably because i am not familiar with WCS. Is there an example other than the abstract concept in the docs?

One way out would be to convert each slice into a FITS image but then I would still be struggling to label the bias axis.

Thanks in advance

Dorai