ANN: glue v0.9 released!

Thomas Robitaille

Oct 18, 2016, 6:00:27 AM10/18/16
to glue...@googlegroups.com, glue-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce the release of glue v0.9!

Changes in this release

An overview of the main changes in this release is available here:

The most significant changes are as follows:
  • We have added a new table viewer that can show and allow selections to be made
  • The plugin package that provides 3D viewers (glue-vispy-viewers) is now installed automatically when installing glue. These 3D viewers include a number of improvements, including tick/axis labels, the ability to overplot markers on top of volume renderings, and a number of other improvements.
  • The plot.ly exporter has been re-written and now allows plots to be exported to your own plot.ly account, and to set the access level (private, public, etc.)
In addition, many other smaller improvements and bug fixes have been made since the v0.8 series of releases.

Installing/updating Glue

As usual, we recommend installing Glue using the Anaconda Python Distribution. However, the default version of glue available in Anaconda is not the latest - to get the latest version (v0.9.0), you will need to make sure you use the conda-forge conda channel. If you are using the conda command, this means that you need to do:

  conda install -c conda-forge glueviz

If you use the Anaconda launcher or navigator to install glue graphically, take a look at the instructions on our website to find out how to get the latest version. We also provide instructions for other installation methods, including pip.

Please let us know if you run into any issues, and thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas Robitaille

Oct 18, 2016, 6:02:27 AM10/18/16
to glue...@googlegroups.com, glue-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Just a correction, the link to the 'What's new' page in my previous email incorrectly pointed to a previous version - here is the link to the changes in v0.9:

Cheers,
Tom