ANN: glue v0.8 released!

Thomas Robitaille

May 25, 2016, 12:05:55 PM5/25/16
to glue...@googlegroups.com, glue-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce the release of glue v0.8!

Changes in this release

An overview of the main changes in this release is available here:

These include:
  • Playback controls for animating views of cube slices in the image viewer
  • An improved window for creating new components, which allows math and numpy functions to be used, and also includes on-the-fly syntax validation
  • The ability to more easily add data to existing glue sessions, for example those started with the qglue function.
  • A new preferences dialog, with new settings to control the foreground/background color in viewers as well as the default color and transparency for data.
  • Improved feedback and bug report windows which now allow you to provide your email address so that we can follow up any issues you may be having
  • The ability to use circular and polygonal regions to extract spectra from cubes (this is mainly for astronomy users)
In addition, many bugs and small improvements have been made since the v0.7 series of releases.

Installing/updating Glue (new instructions!)

As usual, we recommend installing Glue using the Anaconda Python Distribution. However, the default version of glue available in Anaconda is v0.7.2 - to get the latest version (v0.8.1), you will need to make sure you use the conda-forge conda channel. If you are using the conda command, this means that you need to do:

  conda install -c conda-forge glueviz

If you use the Anaconda launcher to install glue graphically, take a look at the instructions on our website to find out how to get the latest version.

Please let us know if you run into any issues, and thanks to everyone who contributed to this release! (Penny Qian, Robin Wilson, Pey-Lian Lim, and Brett Morris)

Thanks,
Tom