Have a few files archived

tjfx

Jan 7, 2006, 4:16:28 AM1/7/06
to GLPRO
If anyone is interested I have almost all the versions of Glpro along
with sample files laying around that can be posted for download.

Regards,
Tom

John Bridges

Jan 7, 2006, 7:27:50 AM1/7/06
to GL...@googlegroups.com

That's great!

I don't have all those files. I have a copy of the Gmedia website, but
not past archives.

Are you going to put it all online somewhere?

I can add a glproarchive directory to the aftergrasp website as a mirror.

tjfx

Jan 7, 2006, 9:05:10 PM1/7/06
to GLPRO
I can post them or just send them to you. Should they be password
protected or does that matter at this point.

I also have a large archive of .GL and old Grasp stuff too, however, I
can't get to it as fast.

Let me know either way.

Best Regards,
Tom

John Bridges

Jan 8, 2006, 1:21:59 AM1/8/06
to GL...@googlegroups.com
On 1/7/06, tjfx <t...@imagefxonline.net> wrote:

> I can post them or just send them to you. Should they be password
> protected or does that matter at this point.

Were any of them password protected at the time?

I thought they were all publicly accessable.

> I also have a large archive of .GL and old Grasp stuff too, however, I
> can't get to it as fast.

That would be great! I don't have much GRASP stuff anywhere
accessable. I used to have those Graphics demo CDs. Not sure where
they are.

I wouldn't object to you putting up all the DOS GRASP versions. But
you should try contacting Paul Mace first and make sure it's ok with
them since they were the publisher for all the commercial releases of
GRASP/MMGRASP.

> Let me know either way.

There is always interest in retro stuff, and I'm sure that will
continue to grow as it becomes easier and easier to run old DOS stuff
under emulators on modern machines.

I can send you a written letter or email saying I'm putting all of
GRASP and PCPAINT into the public domain. But I don't remember the
copyright details, did it say copyright John Bridges, or Paul Mace
Software?

tjfx

Jan 8, 2006, 1:56:09 PM1/8/06
to GLPRO

> Were any of them password protected at the time?
> I thought they were all publicly accessible.

I meant should the web site have a password to download the files.

> I wouldn't object to you putting up all the DOS GRASP versions. But
> you should try contacting Paul Mace first and make sure it's ok with
> them since they were the publisher for all the commercial releases of
> GRASP/MMGRASP.

I have stuff that pre-dates Pmace.

> I can send you a written letter or email saying I'm putting all of
> GRASP and PCPAINT into the public domain. But I don't remember the
> copyright details, did it say copyright John Bridges, or Paul Mace
> Software?

Not sure, I will have to take a look.

Regards,
Tom

tjfx

Jan 8, 2006, 2:21:24 PM1/8/06
to GLPRO

The following Domains are available at this time:

grasparchive.com *.*
glproarchive.com *.*
glprodays.com *.*
graspdays.com *.*
glarchives.com *.*
gldays.net/.org all except .com
grasprt.com *.*
grasp.ws/.bz
glpro.net
glprodays.com *.*

What sounds good to you guys? or do any of you guys have any site
suggestions?

Regards,
Tom

John Bridges

Jan 8, 2006, 7:18:41 PM1/8/06
to GL...@googlegroups.com
On 1/8/06, tjfx <t...@imagefxonline.net> wrote:

> > Were any of them password protected at the time?
> > I thought they were all publicly accessible.
>
> I meant should the web site have a password to download the files.
>
> > I wouldn't object to you putting up all the DOS GRASP versions. But
> > you should try contacting Paul Mace first and make sure it's ok with
> > them since they were the publisher for all the commercial releases of
> > GRASP/MMGRASP.
>
> I have stuff that pre-dates Pmace.

That stuff should be no problem.

You might have to contact Doug Wolfgram on some of it. But he's still
around at http://www.grafxgroup.com

John Bridges

Jan 8, 2006, 7:19:45 PM1/8/06
to GL...@googlegroups.com
On 1/8/06, tjfx <t...@imagefxonline.net> wrote:

I wouldn't bother with one of the .net .ws .bz addresses.

What about graspglpro.com, is that taken?

tjfx

Jan 8, 2006, 9:58:28 PM1/8/06
to GLPRO
All of the following are available:

graspandglpro.com
graspnglpro.com
grasp-glpro.com
graspglpro.com
glprograsp.com

Regards,
Tom

tjfx

Jan 9, 2006, 3:19:08 AM1/9/06
to GLPRO
Found some other interesting links:

http://www.concept-usa.us/glpro/glprolist/glprolist.asp
http://www.locc.org/glpro/downloads/

And:
If anyone is interested, here is a key that lets you play MPEG1 video
etc in GLPRO8.
Don't know if it works, but I have it.

Regards,
Tom

John Bridges

Jan 9, 2006, 5:30:51 AM1/9/06
to GL...@googlegroups.com
On 1/9/06, tjfx <t...@imagefxonline.net> wrote:

> Found some other interesting links:
>
> http://www.concept-usa.us/glpro/glprolist/glprolist.asp

I link that Don's site on the AfterGRASP website.

Was that created with the GLPRO script which reads the key inside the
final GLPRO distributions?

drawclear white
glopen gltools.exe
memnew buf 1024
fileseek @glhandle -428 2
set fs filecreate(dump.txt)
set cnt fileread(@glhandle,@buf,1024)
filewrite @fs @buf @cnt
fileclose @fs

tjfx

Jan 9, 2006, 4:52:13 PM1/9/06
to GLPRO
> Don's site on the AfterGRASP website

I think it is.
http://www.concept-usa.us/glpro/

>>If anyone is interested, here is a key that lets you play MPEG1 video
etc in GLPRO8.

> Was that created with the GLPRO script which reads the key inside the
final GLPRO distributions?

I get the following message from Version 8.171
ENTERPRISE MPEG
20001230 (feature expire date)
GLW*********** (registration number)
1 (user license number)

Jason G*****
GMEDIA Technology plc
Thames View
Newtown Road
Henley-on-Thames
Oxfordshire R*******
United Kingdom

THIS KEY IS LICENSED TO THE USER ABOVE ONLY.
I erased a few things just incase.

Regards,
Tom