Is the font preventing alignment of text field?

Joe Heafner

Oct 11, 2022, 4:50:21 PM10/11/22
to Web VPython Users
I've been experimenting with user interface elements, in this case a slider, with this program:

https://www.glowscript.org/#/user/heafnerj/folder/Public/program/sliderdemo

When I execute the for loop in a terminal, the numbers correctly align on the decimal point whereas in the Web VPython output area they do not. I just want to make sure that it's the with of the font characters causing this and not something else.

Joe Heafner
Sent from one of my Macs

Bruce Sherwood

Oct 11, 2022, 6:18:41 PM10/11/22
to glowscri...@googlegroups.com
Joe, for what it's worth (essentially nothing), I don't know how to make the decimal points align, using the print statement.

Bruce

Joe Heafner

Oct 11, 2022, 7:54:08 PM10/11/22
to Web VPython Users

> On Oct 11, 2022, at 18:18, Bruce Sherwood <bruce.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Joe, for what it's worth (essentially nothing), I don't know how to make the decimal points align, using the print statement.

That's okay. I'm reasonably sure it's the width of the font characters because when I run that loop in command line Python the decimals line up but I have a different font. Just thought I'd ask.