VPython in Pythod IDEs

Lillian Fox

May 5, 2022, 11:09:35 PM5/5/22
to Glowscript Users
I have downloaded VPython onto my mac using pip3 install vpython in terminal. However, when I try to use vpython in VSCode, it does not recognize any of its commands. I have tried:
from vpython import *
box()

This code fails. Please respond with any insight, I am also open to using PyCharm.
Thank you

Steve Spicklemire

May 6, 2022, 8:58:42 AM5/6/22
to glowscri...@googlegroups.com, Steve Spicklemire
Hi Lillian,

You might have more luck with the VPython users list for questions like this:

However, the issue is most likely which version of python VSCode is using. In the lower right hand corner of the VSCode window you’ll see a version number like this:

If you click on the version number, you’ll get a pop-up where you can pick the interpreter you want to use:

You can pick the interpreter you were using when you installed VPython with pip.

-Steve

--

---

Lillian Fox

May 7, 2022, 3:16:08 PM5/7/22
to Glowscript Users
Thank you for your response, the video you shared was very helpful!