Using max's default argument in Glowscript?

11 Irishjs

Aug 17, 2022, 7:46:25 AM8/17/22
to Glowscript Users
I am wondering if it is possible to implement the default argument for Python's max function? A simple case is outlined below:

my_list = []

print(max(my_list, default=5))

The above fails in Glowscript with the message that default is a reserved word.
Or maybe there is another way around this issue?

Thanks,
Patrick

Bruce Sherwood

Aug 17, 2022, 1:06:10 PM8/17/22
to Glowscript Users
Fixing that looks quite difficult. There certainly is a way around this:

def mymax(L, D):
    if len(L) == 0: return D
    return(max(L))

a = []