Updating trail while moving

12 416wb

Sep 20, 2021, 10:39:56 AM9/20/21
to Glowscript Users
Hello I've got a little problem.
I did a program to see the orbit of the planet, but I launched the solar system with the speed it has relative to the Milky Way:
https://www.glowscript.org/#/user/12416wb/folder/ChaosTheoryFields/program/SolarSystem2
But the trail are drawn in absolute space.
I would like to substrat the speed of the camera to the trail to see if it stil forms ellipses.
Is there an object "trail" I can edit?
Thank you

Bruce Sherwood

Sep 20, 2021, 10:50:55 PM9/20/21
to Glowscript Users
I don't really understand what the issue is, but if you need to do something different from what "make_trail=True" does, just handle the trail yourself, by periodically adding to a curve or points object the current position of the object you're tracking.

Bruce

12 416wb

Sep 23, 2021, 4:49:32 PM9/23/21
to Glowscript Users
Thank you I'm working on it.
The issue is I would like to see a shape that look like an ellipse in the referential frame of the sun for the planet and see if they precess depending on the initial speed (I don't really know the angle of the plane of the solar system relative to the Milky Way but I know the speed).
I need to do a trail that moves with the sun and doesn't retain the fixed frame of reference like it does with make_trail.

12 416wb

Oct 25, 2021, 8:19:54 PM10/25/21
to Glowscript Users
I succeeded you can see by trying the program that the ellipses are conserved relative to the sun, event if it moves through space.
Thanks