Building a stripped down version of glowroot

Sachin Mittal

Nov 1, 2019, 1:28:54 AM11/1/19
to Glowroot
Hello Folks,
I am new to the group and I just wanted to reach out to you regarding some queries on glowroot.
We have been using glowroot in instrumenting a standalone swing application.
We are using embedded version of glowroot collector (where it uses h2 as the datasource).

So far we have been able to figure out how to instrument it via glowroot.
I have even been able to build glowroot from source code and have been trying to understand the same.

I had a query regarding building a striped down version of glowroot.
Basically all I need is to instrument certain swing classes and methods.
I don't need any of the plugins or web feature used to instrument http calls or any third party libraries.
I think I don't even need the central collector libraries too.

This stripped down version would help us in attaching a very lightweight agent.

I wanted to know how can I build one.

Any help or direction on this would be nice.

Thanks and Regards
Sachin

Ben M.

Jan 29, 2021, 3:28:48 PM1/29/21
to Glowroot
Hi Sachin,

this is currently not possible. However, if you find others in the need of this feature, please let us know.
If there is enough interest in it, I might file a PR.

- Ben