0.13.7 with infinispan fix

Ben M.

Aug 18, 2020, 3:15:25 AM8/18/20
to Glowroot
Hi trask,

is it possible to create a 0.13.7 release containing the infinispan fix?

Thanks!

david.m...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2020, 10:09:51 AM9/9/20
to Glowroot
Trask appears to be busy with other projects right now.  You will have to build your own copy until he comes back.

Ben M.

Sep 10, 2020, 12:05:35 PM9/10/20
to Glowroot
Yes, I was not trying to enforce something. Maybe just as a reminder or something.

I sincerely hope this amazing piece of software could some day be maintained by a group or foundation.

david.m...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2021, 1:06:05 PM1/29/21
to Glowroot
Ben,

I agree.  I wonder what can be done to both allow Trask to freely work on other stuff as well as ensure this great tool continues to stay afloat.

Ben M.

Jan 29, 2021, 3:25:51 PM1/29/21
to Glowroot
Hi David,

I mailed Trask directly, and he would like to see more interaction from users (aka other devs).
That is, reviewing PRs would extremely help, as well as picking bugs and creating PRs for them.

I reviewed some bugs and also wrote a mail to some former contributors, who also seem willing to
further contribute.

About the foundation thing… It would have been possible in mid-2020, but now without posts it is much harder.
For example, the ASF only accepts projects with a community as far as I know.

So, the best we can do: advertise / spread word about glowroot and help Trask maintain this software.
Maybe one of us could become co-lead so he is not the only  one who can publish releases.
That would be super helpful!