Suggestions for improvement

Alessandro Taioli

Jan 12, 2022, 12:43:31 PM1/12/22
to Glowroot
Hello everyone, congratulations for the product, for diagnostics and monitoring it is very useful and very usable.
However, it is possible to improve further and I would like to give my modest contribution by listing a number of points that I propose to evaluate:
1)
in the "Transaction/Slow" Trace view (and the equivalent "Errors" view) it would be useful to refine the searches.
Currently "Headline/URL" filter map "Transaction Name" field of the transaction detail.
I would propose to extend the same functionality also for the following fields that are currently not reachable with filters:
Request query string
Request parameters
2)
 it would be to evolve the Profile section of the transaction detail like the Tread Profile view with complete call stack, replacing the percentages with the times, much more useful in investigations.
A proposal could be a treelist consisting of 3 fields:
- class / method .. etc.
- Actual time = the time taken by the service - time taken by the child services
- the running total of the Actual time.

I hope this feedback of mine can help.
I thank you for your work
Alessandro

Gareth Edwards

Jun 5, 2022, 9:21:26 PM6/5/22
to Glowroot
I would propose to extend the same functionality also for the following fields that are currently not reachable with filters:
Request query string
Request parameters

I'm also looking for something like this, I wonder if its possible to achieve by modifying the Servlet, HTTP or JSP plugin(s) ?