Re: [GLOSS :2376] OpenOffice community files Oracle divorce papers!!

Message has been deleted

Abhishek Kumar

Sep 29, 2010, 8:37:55 AM9/29/10
to gloss-...@googlegroups.com
Before I say anything else let me make it clear that I have no more information than what is available in public domain due to me being a Sun/Oracle employee.

Now,

1. OpenOffice is not detaching itself from Oracle, it is restructuring itself. And there is a big difference. From what I read, Collabnet, the company which offered the web space and project infrastructure (and a long time partner of Sun) has decided not to continue supporting OpenOffice and so OpenOffice community is moving to a new web place.

2. Here is what was discussed about MySQL in Oracle OpenWorld which got over not even 2 days back: http://www.oracle.com/us/openworld/mysql-sunday-078000.html and also you may be interested in seeing this. http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/generate-article.php?id=2010_04

IMHO, both OpenOffice and MySQL are here to stay.

Regards,
Abhishek

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Gokulakrishna - The Kimi Fan <gokulak...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/09/28/openoffice_independence_from_oracle/

Libre Office is sponsored by Google,Novell,Canonical and Redhat.

Now, next question : What will happen to Mysql?

--
"There is no mistery about success.. Do you know even one successful man who didn't tell you about it!! "

Message has been deleted