GLOSS Website Reloaded!

VIKAS MISHRA

Sep 2, 2010, 6:34:15 PM9/2/10
to gloss-sastra
Hello Guys,

The much awaited GLOSS Website is up and running all again, this time with better features, usability and security!  Congrats to everyone in the community, I hope the portal will open up newer ways for the technology enthusiasts to Learn, Share and Collaborate in a rattling and extraordinary manner.

Lets use the site to its fullest potential and enhance Gloss's web presence more than ever before.

Hearty Congratulations to Prashanth Kumar for designing an amazing site in a really short span and Sanjeev Gopinath for the ultra cool GLOSS Logo and overall guidance, also to everyone in the community who made it possible.

Link to GLOSS Site: http://www.sastra.edu/gloss

PS:

1. The externally hosted version of the site will be up soon as well.
2. Suggestions and Comments for improvement on any of the aspect of the site is most welcome.

--
Regards,

Vikas Mishra
www.cybernazi.co.cc
http://twitter.com/cybernazi

             I was born free!
No Gates and Windows can restrict my Freedom!!
               "Enjoy Linux!"

Vineet Kumar

Sep 2, 2010, 7:41:29 PM9/2/10
to gloss-...@googlegroups.com
Good job guys .... keep it rolling !

Cheers,
Vineet
http://vineetkumar.net

--
"There is no mistery about success.. Do you know even one successful man who didn't tell you about it!! "

Message has been deleted

Ashwanth Kumar

Sep 3, 2010, 8:03:24 AM9/3/10
to gloss-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The site is awesome. The only problem (which shouldn't once u host it else where) i found, was the Joomla's SEO un-friendly links. Try to fix that alone. SASTRA Main Website also does the same thing. Try to fix that ASAP. So, that Search Engines can parse the URLs and give us (and rest of the world) a better source for FOSS related information. :)

 - Ashwanth Kumar

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:04 AM, VIKAS MISHRA <vikvik...@gmail.com> wrote:

VIKAS MISHRA

Sep 7, 2010, 10:43:47 PM9/7/10
to gloss-...@googlegroups.com
@Gokul yes, Achievement section is a really good suggestion, we'll surely include in our next update!

@Ashwanth yeah, the Seo (& URL parsing) problem has been always there with joomla and drupal, we will work on it as well, Thanks for the good suggestion.

Abhishek Kumar

Sep 8, 2010, 5:01:06 AM9/8/10
to gloss-...@googlegroups.com
SEO friendly urls is not a problem of Joomla or Drupal. AFAIK, both Joomla and Drupal implement Apache's mod_rewrite module and thus can emit "clean URLs". However, the mod_rewrite module itself needs to be supported.

When I checked last couple of years ago, the SASTRA webserver was running on Windows/IIS and I am not so sure if you have something similar for IIS too.

Regards,
Abhishek