usage of single table inheritance and embedded objects

Ivo Roefs

Apr 17, 2024, 11:31:43 AMApr 17
to glorp-group
I managed to make changes to GLORP, regarding usage of single table inheritance and embedded objects:
1/ Now, while querying the abstract class, embedded objects from specialized subclasses actually get retrieved.
2/ Also, while querying the abstract class, it's now possible to use attributes from concrete subclasses in the where clause.

Too bad I needed to override a number of methods for this, though all tests are still green.

Would someone be interested in this? (iow, is it worthwhile to create tests, pull requests, ...)

Esteban Maringolo

Apr 17, 2024, 2:14:18 PMApr 17
to glorp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivo,

If the contribution comes with tests I think it is worth sharing it to the community.
In what dialect did you make the changes?

Best regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Ivo Roefs

Apr 18, 2024, 6:13:01 AMApr 18
to glorp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Esteban,

This was done using Pharo & Postgres.

kind regards,
Ivo

Op 17/04/2024 om 20:13 schreef Esteban Maringolo:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "glorp-group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/glorp-group/CAJMgPCJCFVbFNghQGNKsFS%2BLZ5-Cfu9W8yF8Ee2i3oXZ%3DCNrmw%40mail.gmail.com.

jtuchel

May 3, 2024, 4:22:18 AMMay 3
to glorp-group
Sure, there are so many small things in Glorp that can use a little love and all contributions are welcome. Please, if you happen to find the time to make your changes ready for posting a PR on github, defintitely do so!

Joachim