Feature request, I need the option F (follow the file) to be applied at startup example with a command line switch -F

lerma...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2019, 1:34:04 PM12/30/19
to glogg
Many times I need to open a specific file and immediately follow the output flow of the file.
For example I initiate a build and get glogg automatically showing the output.
This is supported by glogg with the feature called follow. From the main menu View/Follow.
Right now I need manually to focus on the glogg window and press the 'f' key, or select from the menu.
I'd like this to be done automatically and pass this selection via the command line.

example -f 1000 // refresh the end of file every second

or simply -f  // follow and use the time interval setting from the previously recorded option

I think that this will be very useful.
What do you guys think?
MiKL~

Anton Filimonov

Dec 31, 2019, 1:07:07 PM12/31/19
to glogg
Hi,

Recent versions of klogg has this feature. Moreover there is an option to make this behaviour the default.

I'm planning release new stable version in January. But current builds from CI are pretty stable. Check it at https://github.com/variar/klogg and please report any issues.

lerma...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2020, 11:00:44 PM1/1/20
to glogg
Thank you Anton,
I tried klogg with the option --follow, but it didn't work for me. The program exit at start.
I didn't find how to make follow the default mode.
I used klogg build 19.9.0.467
I will wait for your release.