Glogg windows 10 display bug

Thang Phu

Mar 16, 2021, 5:47:12 PM3/16/21
to glogg...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I love using glogg tool and found multiple complaints on glogg tool compatibility with Windows 10. I believe I figured out the problem.

As it turns out, since my work migrated me to Windows 10, all my default text files are saves as UCS-2-LE-BOM format and whenever these files are opened with glogg, there are trailing blanks between the characters. If I used Notepad++ editor and save the file as UTF-8 format, glogg tool will display perfectly all the text and all the common features and search works well again. I love this tool, and I hope you guys have the time to support this fix, but if not, I think it’s valuable to share the fix with million of glogg users who also love this tool as much as I.

Thanks guys and gals!

-Thang

--

Thang Q. Phu

Software Firmware Engineer 2 | Facebook

206.854.9874 | thang...@gmail.com

Anton Filimonov

Aug 21, 2021, 4:18:45 PM8/21/21
to glogg
Hi,

Checkout klogg, it looks almost the same as glogg and should detect encoding based on BOM.

Regards,
Anton Filimonov