I am an entry-level programmer trying to learn more about coding and have been trying to build the developer version of klogg on my computer for a few days. Could anyone help me out?
I'm using Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 10; downloaded QT 5.15.2; using cmake 3.18 provided by Visual Studio 2019.
I am not sure what I did wrong so I am listing what I entered in my command line as I was following "BUILD.md":
1. $ call "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\Tools\vsdevcmd" -arch=x64
2. $ c:\Qt\5.15.2\msvc2019_64\bin\qtenv2.bat
3. this step was not in the direction given by "BUILD.md" but step 2 gave me an output saying "Remember to call vcvarsall.bat to complete environment setup!" so I did so:
$ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat" x86
4. $ cd <path_to_project_root>
$ md build_root
$ cd build_root
5. $ cmake -G "Visual Studio 16 2019 Win64" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo ..
this gave me "CMake Error: Could not create named generator Visual Studio 16 2019 Win64"
These are the list of generators:
* Visual Studio 16 2019 = Generates Visual Studio 2019 project files.
Use -A option to specify architecture.
Visual Studio 15 2017 [arch] = Generates Visual Studio 2017 project files.
Optional [arch] can be "Win64" or "ARM".
6. so I remove "Win64" and added -A x64 instead
$ cmake -G "Visual Studio 16 2019" -A x64 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo ..
and then cmake was executed and every test at the end of the cmake except for Test "CFLAG_Wall" failed.
Could anyone tell me what I did wrong? I am happy to give more detail if needed.
Thank you for the help!