Klogg not open previous session

Federico Piazza

Nov 20, 2019, 8:59:38 AM11/20/19
to glogg...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I have installed Klogg on a MacOS Catalina and it works very well, however I noticed some bugs in the UI and also the most important I found is that Klogg is not recovering the last session.

If I had opened 8 logs, after restarting Klogg I miss all these files. Not only that but also it misses all the highlighters configuration done, so I have to manually add them again.

I wanted to report these bugs but didn't find where. Do you know where I should report them? In addition, is it possible to export the configuration so in case I lose it I can quickly load it again?

Regards

Anton Filimonov

Nov 21, 2019, 6:14:15 AM11/21/19
to glogg
Hi,

You are welcome to report klogg issues on github https://github.com/variar/klogg/issues. I plan to do next release in December and these issues on MacOS are quite serious and need to be fixed.

Described issues make me think that klogg can't store it's own configuration. Does this happen with recent 19.9 version or with 19.2? There were some changes in 19.9 configuration that might have broken thins on Mac. Does klogg loose only recent files/highlighters or all configurations gets reverted to default after restart?

There might be some issues with packaging klogg for MacOS. I have to admit that I don't have enough understanding of  packaging software for MacOS. Back then I was able to use virtual box with El Capitan to setup automatic creation of dmg for klogg with cmake during continuous integration builds on Travis CI. However, my virtual machine is not working anymore. Looks like it is time to create a fresh MacOS VM and learn more about packaging software for MacOS.

Regards

Anton Filimonov

Dec 5, 2019, 4:40:57 PM12/5/19
to glogg