Open file from URL

ff.la...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2019, 8:12:41 AM8/16/19
to glogg
First and foremost, this app is a life changer for me, always struggled with "big" files in notepad++ and I thought I had to live with that.
Glogg put it to a massive shame allowing me to finish tasks in half of the usual time !

One think I was missing though is the ability to open URL : very often we are in the situation to load logs available in the form of "http://staging.app1.agent2/path/to/the/log.txt"

In most of windows apps I can just do File >> Open >> paste the URL in the "File name" input box and the file is loaded (file downloaded in a tmp dir and passed the path back to the app to open it).
This feature would be very useful and align the app with a pretty standard behaviour on the WIN platform.

Keep up with the amazing work !
Francesco