Donation API

Angela Zhang

Oct 22, 2019, 1:07:43 PM10/22/19
to GlobalGiving API
I'd like to use the donation API to embed donations within my website for climate change visualization/projects. I have just a couple questions
     1) How do I use braintree to receive a nonce? Is there an account under Global Giving or would I have to make my own. If so, would the per transaction fee be charged to me or the donors?
     2) How do I go about getting an authorized API key for donations? I currently have the standard API key

Phil Black-Knight

Oct 22, 2019, 2:16:31 PM10/22/19
to globalgi...@googlegroups.com
In order to use the API to process donations, you must first sign our terms of service, there are more details on this page: https://www.globalgiving.org/api/methods/submit-a-donation-current/

There are also examples of how to set up a page to accept donations on your own site. You will be using our Braintree account to obtain a nonce and process donations, but the first step is to sign and return the T&Cs and we can enable the feature on your account.

Phil Black-Knight
Software Engineer for Good
____

GlobalGiving