Issues with "Get All Projects for a Theme"

Danya Adib-Azpeitia

Oct 10, 2020, 10:14:39 PM10/10/20
to GlobalGiving API
Hi,

"Get All Projects for a Theme" does not seem to be returning the right number of projects. For example, for Clean Water it returns 147 projects instead of 274 as shown in the filter on the website. Another example is, for Refugee Rights, it returns 18 projects as opposed to 267 shown in the Refugee Rights page on the website.

I confirmed that I am not adding "active" to the request URL path. Is there some other filtering that's happening with this API call?

Thank you!
Danya

Kevin Conroy

Oct 11, 2020, 1:00:27 PM10/11/20
to globalgi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danya,
The "Get All Projects for a Theme" method returns projects whose primary theme matches the specified theme. Our site's search expands on this and also included projects that have a secondary theme. This is why the site search includes a large group of projects / the API has a subset.

Kevin

Kevin Conroy
Chief Product Officer
____