Get all projects with a specific region and a specific theme

wacken7

Apr 6, 2021, 2:25:19 AM4/6/21
to GlobalGiving API
Is there any way I can get, for example, all charities related to Education in the region Middle East? I have two dropdowns and a submit button, so I have to select region and theme from the two dropdowns, and then search. Is it possible?

Kevin Conroy

Apr 6, 2021, 3:58:58 AM4/6/21
to globalgi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is possible! You'll want to use the Search Projects API method: https://www.globalgiving.org/api/methods/search-projects/

It has an example of searching for all Education projects in India. If you are allowing users to select continents or sub-continent regions, then the search method will still work, but you'll need to pass thru the list of all country ids that you'd like to be included in the filter. That is, you need to convert a continent/sub-continent region selection to a list of countries/regions to pass to the API.

You can find the list of ISO country/region codes here: https://www.globalgiving.org/api/how-to-use/terminology/#accepted-iso-country-codes

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Conroy