New SoilGrids file service

de Sousa, Luis

Aug 7, 2018, 10:39:23 AM8/7/18
to Global Soil Information
Dear all,

a new file service has been recently set up and is now available for testing: http://files.isric.org

It contains all the maps of the latest SoilGrids version. This file service will in the future replace the SoilGrids FTP service. Please leave your feedback on this new service in this thread.

Thank you and regards.

--

Luís Moreira de Sousa

ISRIC - World Soil Information

Droevendaalsesteeg 3, Building 101

6708 PB Wageningen

The Netherlands

t: +31 643 84 40 91

e: luis.d...@wur.nl

Ring<https://ring.cx/>: luis_de_sousa

de Sousa, Luis

Aug 31, 2018, 10:06:42 AM8/31/18
to Global Soil Information
Dear all,

there is a new iteration of this experimental file service. It now requires authentication, please insert "soilgrids" as both user name and password.

Regards.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
ISRIC - World Soil Information
Droevendaalsesteeg 3, Building 101
6708 PB Wageningen
The Netherlands
t: +31 643 84 40 91
e: luis.d...@wur.nl

Aug 31, 2018, 10:37:23 AM8/31/18
to global-soil...@googlegroups.com

Luís, I have found the following issues:

  • can't switch the view from grid to list;
  • the system asks for login and password every time I change between folders;
  • I also have to enter login and password every time I try to open a file;
  • the search is not working for me.
Best,
--

Alessandro Samuel-Rosa
Ciência do Solo – Pedometria

Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná
Prolongamento da Rua Cerejeira, s/n, Sala E8
Bairro São Luiz
CEP 85892-000
Santa Helena, Paraná, Brasil
Telefone: +55 (45) 3268-8800
Website: www.utfpr.edu.br/santahelena

Você já conhece o Repositório Brasileiro Livre para Dados Abertos do Solo?

Leenaars, Johan

Aug 31, 2018, 2:37:26 PM8/31/18
to de Sousa, Luis, Global Soil Information
Dear Luis, thank you. How are users informed about these credentials? Or is this for a restricted group of users only?

It's like the current ftp which is public but nobody know that 'public' is both username and password, making it basically not-public.

(?).

Thanks, johan

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

Sep 3, 2018, 2:46:03 AM9/3/18
to Alessandro Samuel Rosa, global-soil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alessandro,

thank you for your feedback. I am not able to replicate any of the issues you report. My best guest is that this is a browser related issue, could you please let me know which you are using and its version?

Thank you.

--

________________________________

e: luis.d...@wur.nl<mailto:luis.d...@wur.nl>
It contains all the maps of the latest SoilGrids version. This file service will in the future replace the SoilGrids FTP service. Please leave your feedback on this new service in this thread.

Thank you and regards.

--

Luís Moreira de Sousa

ISRIC - World Soil Information

Droevendaalsesteeg 3, Building 101

6708 PB Wageningen

The Netherlands

t: +31 643 84 40 91

e: luis.d...@wur.nl<mailto:luis.d...@wur.nl>

Ring<https://ring.cx/><https://ring.cx/>: luis_de_sousa

Alessandro Samuel-Rosa
Ciência do Solo - Pedometria
www.samuel-rosa.github.io<http://samuel-rosa.github.io>

Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná
Prolongamento da Rua Cerejeira, s/n, Sala E8
Bairro São Luiz
CEP 85892-000
Santa Helena, Paraná, Brasil
Telefone: +55 (45) 3268-8800
Website: www.utfpr.edu.br/santahelena<http://portal.utfpr.edu.br/campus/santahelena>

Você já conhece o Repositório Brasileiro Livre para Dados Abertos do Solo<http://coral.ufsm.br/febr/>?

de Sousa, Luis

Sep 3, 2018, 2:47:27 AM9/3/18
to Leenaars, Johan, Global Soil Information
Dear Johan,

the credentials to the test service were announced in this message: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/global-soil-information/zQaz6t7WosI/rN-KrD03AwAJ?

Thank you.

--

Luís Moreira de Sousa

ISRIC - World Soil Information

Droevendaalsesteeg 3, Building 101

6708 PB Wageningen

The Netherlands

t: +31 643 84 40 91

e: luis.d...@wur.nl

Ring<https://ring.cx/>: luis_de_sousa

________________________________

de Sousa, Luis

Sep 7, 2018, 10:49:46 AM9/7/18
to global-soil...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

thank you for the feedback you have been providing on the test file service. It has helped identifying a bug with the authentication mechanism. Authentication was de-activated for the time being.

Regards.

e: luis.d...@wur.nl<mailto:luis.d...@wur.nl><mailto:luis.d...@wur.nl><mailto:luis.d...@wur.nl>
It contains all the maps of the latest SoilGrids version. This file service will in the future replace the SoilGrids FTP service. Please leave your feedback on this new service in this thread.

Thank you and regards.

--

Luís Moreira de Sousa

ISRIC - World Soil Information

Droevendaalsesteeg 3, Building 101

6708 PB Wageningen

The Netherlands

t: +31 643 84 40 91

e: luis.d...@wur.nl<mailto:luis.d...@wur.nl><mailto:luis.d...@wur.nl><mailto:luis.d...@wur.nl>

Ring<https://ring.cx/><https://ring.cx/><https://ring.cx/><https://ring.cx/>: luis_de_sousa

Alessandro Samuel-Rosa
Ciência do Solo - Pedometria
www.samuel-rosa.github.io<http://www.samuel-rosa.github.io><http://samuel-rosa.github.io><http://samuel-rosa.github.io>

Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná
Prolongamento da Rua Cerejeira, s/n, Sala E8
Bairro São Luiz
CEP 85892-000
Santa Helena, Paraná, Brasil
Telefone: +55 (45) 3268-8800
Website: www.utfpr.edu.br/santahelena<http://www.utfpr.edu.br/santahelena><http://portal.utfpr.edu.br/campus/santahelena><http://portal.utfpr.edu.br/campus/santahelena>

Você já conhece o Repositório Brasileiro Livre para Dados Abertos do Solo<http://coral.ufsm.br/febr/><http://coral.ufsm.br/febr/>?

de Sousa, Luis

Nov 23, 2018, 9:35:28 AM11/23/18
to global-soil...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

after a number of iterations the choice came to rest on the WebDAV protocol [0] to replace the current FTP service. It is now available for testing at this URL: https://files.isric.org/soilgrids

In state-of-the-art operating systems a WebDAV service can be easily accessed through a web browser or a file browser.

Any feedback is welcome. Thank you.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
ISRIC - World Soil Information
Droevendaalsesteeg 3, Building 101
6708 PB Wageningen
The Netherlands
t: +31 643 84 40 91
e: luis.d...@wur.nl

Ring: luis-de-sousa
skype: luis.a.de.sousa

Alessandro Samuel Rosa

Nov 26, 2018, 7:39:40 AM11/26/18
to global-soil...@googlegroups.com

Dear Luís,

It runs smoothly for me, both using a web and a file browser (the last is a bit slower, but works fine).

--

Alessandro Samuel-Rosa
Ciência do Solo – Pedometria
www.samuel-rosa.github.io

Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná
Prolongamento da Rua Cerejeira, s/n, Sala E8
Bairro São Luiz
CEP 85892-000
Santa Helena, Paraná, Brasil
Telefone: +55 (45) 3268-8800
Website: www.utfpr.edu.br/santahelena

Jorge de Jesus

Nov 26, 2018, 8:20:53 AM11/26/18
to Alessandro Samuel Rosa, global-soil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alessandro

Could you also give it a try as a Linux mount ???

Cheers
Jorge

OpenPGP Key: 0x7212572C

Alessandro Samuel Rosa

Nov 26, 2018, 8:51:31 AM11/26/18
to global-soil...@googlegroups.com

Working as well!

Rossiter, David

Nov 26, 2018, 5:57:06 PM11/26/18
to de Sousa, Luis, global-soil...@googlegroups.com
Works fine for me from China with no VPN, on the Opera browser under Mac OS. Also works with Cyberduck (my normal WebDAV client).

Rossiter, D G (David)
Guest Researcher
ISRIC - World Soil Information
david.r...@wur.nl<mailto:david.r...@wur.nl>