New SoilGrids release

isric.it

May 6, 2020, 10:10:22 AM5/6/20
to SoilGrids Community Forum
Dear Community,

ISRIC is happy to announce the release of a new edition of soil property estimates for the world with an associated web platform. For more information please visit https://soilgrids.org/ and the news summary at https://www.isric.org/news/new-edition-soil-property-estimates-world-associated-web-platform-released-soilgrids250m

Happy soil mapping!

EWB2-yxWoAARcII.png

Cesar Terrer

May 7, 2020, 4:21:01 PM5/7/20
to SoilGrids Community Forum
This is really exciting, thanks! I'd like to download the SOC stocks layer at 0-30cm. In https://soilgrids.org/ I can view exactly the layer I need, but in downloads I can only select 2 x 2 degree tiles. I need the global layer. I have tried a different in https://files.isric.org/soilgrids/data/recent/soc/. However, the 0-30cm layer does not appear as such, but in several layers 0-5cm, 5-15cm and 15-30cm.
Also, in the old version we could download the files at coarser resolution.

Is the 0-30cm SOC stocks later readily available somewhere, ideally at different spatial resolutions?

Thank you so much for the amazing contribution to research.