Validation data critically small (<50) for reliable validation

Shujiang Kang

May 2, 2018, 10:42:10 AM5/2/18
to Global Soil Information
Dear Tom,

First, really appreciate you for the wonderful package, GSIF. It is so convenient and friendly. Currently, I am using it for some detailed soil mapping in precision ag, and got the following error info as I use 'fit.gstatModel'  method = "quantregForest".

"Generating predictions using the trend model (RK method)...
Running GLM cross-validation without any extra model-fitting...
Creating an object of class "SpatialPredictions"
Error in validObject(.Object) :
  invalid class “SpatialPredictions” object: Validation data critically small (<50) for reliable validation"

I guess that my observation size is too small <50; however, we do need to map a small plot with limited sampled data. Could we adjust the threshold, < 50, somewhere or modify the package?

Thank you very much in advance,

Shujiang

de Sousa, Luis

May 3, 2018, 6:20:57 AM5/3/18
to Global Soil Information
Dear Shujiang,

Tom no longer works at ISRIC, therefore he might not be reading these messages, or might take a while before he answers back. I suggest you contact Tom directly for issues related to the GSIF package.

Best regards.?

--

Luís Moreira de Sousa

ISRIC - World Soil Information