Purpose of this forum and data privacy

de Sousa, Luis

Jan 11, 2019, 7:55:10 AM1/11/19
to Global Soil Information
Dear subscribers,

A number of messages sent recently to this list and to its subscribers have created a good dose of concern and misunderstandings. This message serves to clarify the purpose of this list and ISRIC's commitment to data privacy.

Although the title of the mailing list is Global Soil Information, this is a forum for the SoilGrids community. The discourse should therefore be restricted to SoilGrids products and their use. Recently, messages have been sent that do not relate to SoilGrids. We apologise to those that were surprised by messages unrelated to SoilGrids or ISRIC's activities, as well as to those that took this forum for a general discussion list. In order to avoid this from happening again and to make it very clear to all participants what they can expect and what they signed up to, I, as administrator of this group, adjusted the title of the group and also added a concise description of the purpose and the topic of the group.

Secondly I wish to underline that the products that were recently announced in this group are not ISRIC products, and therefore do not fall under ISRIC's responsibility. For questions about these products you are kindly referred to http://www.opengeohub.org/

Thirdly, if you have received unsolicited email in the past, I would like to stress that ISRIC always acts in full contempt of data privacy legislation, particularly the recently introduced General Data Protection Regulation. ISRIC does not pass your contact address or other personal information to third parties. ISRIC does not send unsolicited e-mail messages. ISRIC does not include your e-mail address in distribution lists without your explicit consent.

As a reminder, you may at any time unsubscribe this list or modify your subscription options at the list web page:
https://groups.google.com/group/global-soil-information

With the best regards from ISRIC and its staff.

--

Luís Moreira de Sousa

ISRIC - World Soil Information

Droevendaalsesteeg 3, Building 101