Crop .tifs to a target extent before/while downloading

Gerrit G.

Aug 16, 2019, 10:59:14 AM8/16/19
to SoilGrids Community Forum

Hi there,

i'm new to SoilGrids community, but i was wondering if anyone knows whether there is a possibility to crop the provided .tifs (https://files.isric.org/soilgrids/data/recent/) to a target extent before/while downloading? I need nearly all of them for a research project, but to download and crop them on my personal computer would take a huge amount of time and seems impracticable.

As far as I understand, I can use the REST API to download SoilGrid datasets for specific spatial points as a GeoJSON file. But could I use the API to download datasets for a whole country and convert them into a raster using some kind of interpolation? Or is it possible to download cropped raster-datasets using the API?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,
Gerrit

Luis de Sousa

Aug 19, 2019, 3:30:21 AM8/19/19
to Gerrit G., SoilGrids Community Forum
Hi Gerrit,

there are two options to download grid segments from SoilGrids.org:

1. Download by tile: when you click on the map an option is shown in the Download menu to obtain a 2 by 2 degree tile around the point.

2. Download by political border: by selecting the country and region of interest in the Download menu. This functionality is only available for the aggregated grids at spatial resolution of 32.4 minutes of arc.

Regards.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
ISRIC - World Soil Information