REST service - confidence intervals available?

casey...@ed.ac.uk

Apr 8, 2019, 10:17:00 AM4/8/19
to SoilGrids Community Forum
Hi Luís

Thanks for a great data set, and in particular the REST service.

I can't seem to retrieve the upper and lower confidence intervals, however, and I wonder if I am doing something wrong. e.g:

returns only the median values. e.g.:

List of 6
 $ soilmask        : chr "soil"
 $ CECSOL          :List of 2
  ..$ units_of_measure: chr "cmol / kg"
  ..$ M               :List of 4
  .. ..$ sl1: int 17
  .. ..$ sl2: int 11
  .. ..$ sl3: int 10
  .. ..$ sl4: int 8
 $ CLYPPT          :List of 2
  ..$ units_of_measure: chr "percent"
  ..$ M               :List of 4
  .. ..$ sl1: int 7
  .. ..$ sl2: int 6
  .. ..$ sl3: int 6
  .. ..$ sl4: int 7

Many thanks for your help
Casey

Jorge de Jesus

Apr 8, 2019, 10:27:32 AM4/8/19
to casey...@ed.ac.uk, SoilGrids Community Forum
Hi Casey

if I am not mistaken  (Luis?) the current soilgrids version no longer contains uper and lower intervals, and therefore the parameter confidence=M,U,L is no longer functional

There is a new REST and docs on the pipeline.

Cheers
Jorge

OpenPGP Key: 0x7212572C

RYAN Casey

Apr 8, 2019, 10:44:14 AM4/8/19
to Jorge de Jesus, SoilGrids Community Forum
Thanks Jorge

Does the same apply to the 250 m product for Africa? Or does the REST service only query the 1 km global product?

Cheers
Casey
8 April 2019 at 15:27

--
OpenPGP Key: 0x7212572C
8 April 2019 at 15:17

--
** Cyclone Idai: DONATE to support reconstruction in Mozambique**
See our webpage for Idai flood mapping

NB: I am part time and don't work all of Weds or Fri pm.

Dr Casey Ryan
Mobile: 0044 (0)77 3646 8828
Office: 0044 (0)131 650 7722
http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/homes/cryan
Student meeting sign up here

Jorge de Jesus

Apr 8, 2019, 11:07:26 AM4/8/19
to RYAN Casey, SoilGrids Community Forum
Hi Casey

The REST queries the 250meter soilgrids products, the products can be found   on the soilgrids website (https://soilgrids.org) or webdav (https://files.isric.org/soilgrids/data/recent/)

Jorge
--
OpenPGP Key: 0x7212572C

Luis de Sousa

Apr 9, 2019, 3:16:20 AM4/9/19
to casey...@ed.ac.uk, SoilGrids Community Forum

Hi Casey,

as Jorge mentioned, in the 2017 edition no confidence intervals were computed for SoilGrids, so the ReST service does not provide them. This will change in the next edition; stay tuned.

Regards.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
ISRIC - World Soil Information