*PROPHET* ﷺ~*IT IS AS IF HE FASTED FOR A LIFETIME*{!}~{A GOOD DEED HAS THE REWARD OF 10 GOOD DEEDS}~

~ Y A S M I N ~

May 8, 2022, 4:38:34 PM5/8/22
to ~Y A S M I N~

__._,_._

 Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam `ala  Rasulillah.
 As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi  Wa-Barakatuhu.

http://b..vimeocdn..com/ts/281/934/28193458_640.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ge7Q0PMlv0U/0.jpg
  Fasting  in  Shawwal.
[Compiled by Imran Ayub]

1. What is the reward of fasting one [1] day,
for the sake of Allah...?
It was narrated from Aboo Sa’eed Al-Kudri ~(may Allaah be pleased with him)...
that PROPHET [Peace be upon him] said...
“Whoever fasts one [1] day in the cause of Allah,
Allah will keep the fire away from his face the distance of
seventy [70] autumns (years) for that day.”[1]

2/~ What are the virtues of fasting the Six [6] days... ?
It was narrated from Thawbaan (may Allah be pleased with him),
the freed slave of PROPHET (Peace be upon him)

That the *PROPHET* ﷺ~said...

“Whoever fasts six [6] days after 'Eid Ul Fitr'
 will have completed the year....{!}
for whoever does a good deed will have the reward
of ten [10] like it.”[2]

So it follows that 29/30 days will be multiplied by 10...
and adding the 6 days
(which are also multiplied by 10)...
will be equivalent to one year (350/360 days) {!}

It was narrated from Aboo Ayyoob (Allah be pleased with him)
that the Messenger Allaah (peace be upon him) said...
“Whoever fasts 'Ramadan' then follows it with six [6]
days of 'Shawaal'...it is as if he fasted for a life time.”[3]

Another important benefit of fasting six [6] days of
'Shawaal' is that it makes up for any shortfall in a
person's obligatory 'Ramadan' fasts,
because no one is free of shortcomings
 or sins that have a negative effect on his fasting.

On the Day of Resurrection, some of his 'Nafl' deeds
 will be taken to make up the shortcomings in his
obligatory deeds...{!}

the PROPHET~ (Peace be upon him) said...

“The first thing among their deeds for which the
people will be brought to account
 on the Day of Resurrection will be Prayer {!}

Our Lord will say to His angels, although He knows best,
‘Look at My slave’s Prayer, is it complete or lacking?’
If it is complete, it will be recorded as complete,
 but if it is lacking...
He will say, ‘Look and see whether my slave did
any voluntary ('Nafl') prayers.’
If he had done voluntary prayers, He will say...
‘Complete the obligatory prayers of My slave
 from his voluntary prayers.’
Then the rest of his deeds will be examined
in a similar manner.”[5]

3/~ How should they be done and is it obligatory ?
Imaam ash Shawkaani (may Allaah be pleased with him) said...

“It is apparent from the 'Hadith' that it is sufficient
 to fast for six [6] days in Shawaal,
regardless of whether it is at...
~ the beginning...
~in the middle...
~or at the end !
 nor is it a condition that the days be consecutive,
 with no gaps between them.
[except for the day of 'Eid al~ Fitr.']

But if they fasted thus, it is better; although all forms are correct,
 it is more correct to fast them with no gaps in between them...
 and the month of 'Ramadan' except for the day of
‘Eid, the fasting of which is not permissible.

But as for the idea that those who do not fast it in this
manner will not receive the reward of it, that is incorrect.
This is because whoever fasted six [6] days at the
end of Shawwal has–without doubt–followed the
fasting of Ramadan with six [6] days of Shawwal,
 and that is what is required.”[6]

Imaam Al-Nawaawee (may Allaah have mercy on him) said...
“Our companions said: it is 'Mustahabb' (recommended)
to fast six [6] days of 'Shawwal'.
Because of this 'Hadith' they said...

'It is 'Mustahabb' to fast these days consecutively
 at the beginning of 'Shawwaal', but if one separates
 them or delays them until after 'Shawaal',
 this is permissible, because he will still be
following the general guidelines of the Hadith.
we have no dispute regarding this matter,
and this was also the view of Ahmad and Dawood.”[7]

Muhammad ibn Ismaa‘eel as-San‘aanee said...

“It should be noted that the reward for fasting
[the six [6] days] will be given to whoever fasts
them, whether separately or continually,
immediately after 'Eid' or during the month.

In Sunan at-Tirmithee [it is reported] from
Ibn al-Mubaarak (may Allaah be pleased with him)
that he preferred
[the fast to be] six days from the beginning of the
month of Shawwal.
It was also narrated from Ibn al-Mubaarak (r)  that he said...
“Whoever fasts six [6]days from Shawaal separately
is permissible.”

4. When should we begin?

It was narrated from Aboo Sa'eed (may Allaah be pleased with him)...
that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him)

forbade fasting on the Day of Fitr
 and the Day of Adha.[9]
Thus, one is not permitted to fast on the ‘Eid' day itself,
but can start the next day.

5. What if we have fasts to make up ?
5.1a/- First view: Missed obligatory fasts must be made
 up  BEFORE  completing voluntary fasts of  'Shawwal'.

With regard to fasting the six[6] days of 'Shawwal',
 they are connected to Ramadan and can only done
after making up missed Ramadan fasts.
If he fasts them before making up missed Ramadan
fasts he will not attain that reward !
The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said...

“Whoever fasts Ramadan then follows it with six days of   Shawwal, it will be as if he fasted for a Lifetime.”

It is well known that whoever still owes days from
'Ramadan' is not regarded as having fasted
'Ramadan' until he makes up the days he missed.”[10]

5/~ What if, for someone following the first view,
there are too many days to make up... ?

Dr. Aboo Ameenah Bilal Philips explains that if there are men and women, who may have many days to make up, wish to attain the reward of fasting in 'Shawwal', they should make the intention to do the fasting in Shawwal, but they should not fast them, until after completing her missed days of Ramadaan, due to the narration~

“He who observed the fast of Ramadan and then followed
 it with six [6] fasts of Shawwal…”.

And he pointed out that by fasting the 6 days of 'Shawwal' before complete the missed days of Ramadaan, would be giving preference of voluntary fast over obligatory and this is wrong.  he explained that if it happens that they cannot do the fasts
(due to there not being enough days for them to complete
the missed fasts and fast the 6 days of 'Shawwal'),
they will be rewarded for their intentions at least, In Shaa’Allaah,
as everyone will be rewarded for what they intended.

Narrated Ameerul-Mu’mineen, ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab
(may Allaah be pleased with him)...

I heard Allaah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) saying...

“The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions
 and every person will get the reward according to
 what he has intended.
So whoever emigrates for worldly benefits or for a woman
to marry,his emigration was for what he emigrated for.”[11]

Thus, they should make the intentions to do them,
even if they cannot.[12]

Second view: Missed obligatory fasts can be combined
with the voluntary fasts of 'Shawwal',
provided the correct intention is made...

  Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari said...
“As for combining two intentions, i.e. making-up missed
Ramadhan Fasts ('Qadha') and the six [6] fasts of 'Shawwal',
one should principally make an intention of 'Qadha'.
Thereafter, as a ‘secondary’ intention, one may also keepin mind that it is the month of 'Shawwal'.By doing so, it is hoped [from the mercy of Allah]
that along with the missed fasts being made-up, one will receive the reward of fasting in 'Shawwal'.But, it is important that the main and predominant
 intention is of making-up the missed fasts.
However, it is better that one makes up for the missed fasts separately from fasting
 the six [6] days of 'Shawwal', since some scholars are of the view that one does
not receive the reward of optional  ('Nafl') fasting when combined with
make-up ('Qadha') fasts…”[13]

~And It is Only ALLAH {Azza Wa Jall} Who grants success.~

 "In Shaa Allah"~ 'Aameen'...!

~ My 'Salaams' to  all ~
************************************
~ Y a s m i n ~
Say, 'Indeed, my Prayer, my Rites of Sacrifice,
my Living and my Dying are for ALLAH, Lord of the Worlds'.
{'Qur`an'~Surat Al-'An`am -# 6-162.} {'In Shaa Allah'~'Aameen'}

   Courtesy:
This beneficial and valuable mail was shared by sister Yasmin.
  May Allah Kareem accept her services for Deen e Islam and
reward her best in this world and in the Aakhirah In sha Allah.
Bro in Faith, Iqbal.

Allah Humma 'Aameen' Thumma 'Aameen'~ 'Barak Allah Feek' Brother Iqbal~ { Sister in Faith.} ~

Sources :-[1] Sunan Ibn Maajah, Volume 2, p. 513, Hadeeth Number 1717; Classed as Saheeh by Haafiz Abu Zubayr ‘Alee, Darussalam Publishers, 2007
[2] Sunan Ibn Maajah, Volume 2, p. 512, Hadeeth Number 1715; Classed as Saheeh by Haafiz Abu Zubayr ‘Alee. Authenticated by Sheikh al – Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah, Vol. 2, p. 77, Number 1402; as quoted in ‘Fiqh of Fasting course’, Module 5, p. 6, by Dr. Bilal Philips, www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/moodle
[3] Sunan Ibn Maajah, Volume 2, p. 512, Hadeeth Number 1716; Classed Saheeh by Haafiz Abu Zubayr ‘Alee
[4] ‘The virtue of fasting six days of Shawwaal’ http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?id=1549&category=112
[5] Narrated by Abu Dawood, 864; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 770, http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/22203
[6] See: ‘Wabl al – Ghamam’, with my authentication (1/520); as quoted in ‘Fiqh Volume 1’, p. 570, by Muhammad Subhi ibn Hasan Hallaaq, Darussalam Publishers, 2007
[7]Al-Majmoo Sharh al-Muhadhdhab’; as quoted in http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/7858/
[8] Subulus-Salaam, Chapter on Fasting; as quoted in ‘Fiqh of Fasting course’, Module 5, by Dr. Bilal Philips, www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/moodle
[9] Sunan Ibn Maajah, Volume 2, p. 514, Hadeeth Number 1721; Classed as Saheeh by Haafiz Abu Zubayr ‘Alee
[10] ‘Fataawa al-Siyaam’ (438); as quoted in http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/islamqa/39328
[11] Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 1, Book 1, Hadeeth Number 1, p. 45; Volume 1, Book 2, Hadeeth Number 54, p. 85; Volume 3, Book 49, Hadeeth Number 2,529, p. 407; Volume 5, Book 63, Hadeeth Number 3,898, p. 141 – 142; Volume 7, Book 67, Hadeeth Number 5,070, p. 22; Volume 8, Book 83, Hadeeth Number 6,689, p. 360 – 361; Volume 9, Book 90, Hadeeth Number 6,953, p. 67; Saheeh Muslim, Volume 5, Book 33, Hadeeth Number 4,927 – 4,928, p. 242 – 243; Sunan Ibn Maajah, Volume 5, Book 37, Hadeeth Number 4,227, p. 251, Classed as Saheeh by Haafiz Aboo Taahir Zubayr ‘Alee Za’i; Sunan Aboo Daawood, Volume 3, Book 13, Hadeeth Number 2,201, p. 35, Classed as Saheeh by Haafiz Aboo Taahir Zubayr ‘Alee Za’i; Jaami’ at-Tirmithee, Volume 3, Book 20, Hadeeth Number 1,647, p. 399 – 400, Imaam Tirmithee said: “This hadeeth is Hasan Saheeh. Maalik ibn Anas, Sufyaan Ath- Thawree and more than one of the A’immah narrated this Hadeeth from Yahya ibn Sa’eed. And we do not know of it except as a narration from Yahya ibn Sa’eed al – Ansaaree. ‘Abdur – Rahmaan ibn Mahdee said, ‘It is necessary that we put this Hadeeth in every chapter.’” Haafiz Aboo Taahir Zubayr ‘Alee Za’i classed this hadeeth as Saheeh.
[12]Fiqh of Fasting course’, Module (audio) 5, by Dr. Bilal Philips, www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/moodle
[13] ‘Combining Make-up (Qadha) Fasts with the Six Days Fasts of Shawwal’, http://www.daruliftaa.com/question?txt_QuestionID=q-15354930

Posted by: ~ Y A S M I N ~ <fisabilillah_...@yahoo.com>
_