Ranking of G8 Countries on Open Data Efforts

Daniel Castro

Mar 18, 2015, 5:55:35 PM3/18/15
to global-open-d...@googlegroups.com

It’s my pleasure to announce the release of a new report from the Center for Data Innovation: “Open Data in the G8: A Review of Progress on the G8 Open Data Charter.” The report ranks national efforts on open data in the G8 countries (G7 + Russia) and evaluates each country’s open data policies. It is my hope that this report will help policymakers and advocates around the world better understand the current state of the race for global leadership in open data and the strategies that countries can pursue to successfully leverage open data to promote government transparency, economic growth, and civic innovation.

The report is available to download here: http://www2.datainnovation.org/2015-open-data-g8.pdf

We may repeat this assessment in the future, so any feedback on scoring and methodology are welcome.