Be Part of a Global Open Data Research Initiative

Sanaz A

Sep 10, 2015, 3:50:12 PM9/10/15
to Global Open Data Initiative
Hello All,

Insight Centre for Data Analytics, National University of Ireland in Galway [1] and The Center for Open Data Enterprise [2] in Washington DC are conducting a worldwide Open Data Business Survey as part of an ongoing global research initiative on the economic value of Open Data.

We would like to invite Open Data Companies around the world to participate in this study.

Below, please see brief intro/overview:

Purpose:

The aim of the survey is to help Open Data stakeholders better understand how open data influences and contributes to businesses, industries, and economies.

Target Group/Participants:

Open Data Organizations (profit-organizations or companies ONLY) using Open Data as their main resource to make new [Open Data] products and services.

Process and Time:

Through the survey, we would like to know experiences, knowledge and perceptions around utilization of Open Data in Open Data Profit Organizations.

The survey should take approximately 3-5 minutes to complete. Excluding the ‘Company Background’ questions, there are a total of 18 questions in four sections.

Sections are Company Background, Revenue Model, Business Capabilities and Profitability and Survivability

Confidentiality:

All responses will remain confidential and secure and will be used solely for research purposes.

Incentive:

Upon completion of the survey, participating companies will receive a free copy of the survey report, which can provide you with the recent trends and insights in Open Data Industry.

Link to the Survey:

To complete the survey, please visit  Global Open Data Business Survey

Participate in out Semi-Structured Interview:

We also conduct interviews with potential and interesting companies. For more information about the survey and/or if you are interested in participating in our semi-structured interviews, please contact the research coordinator.

[1]. The Insight Centre for Data Analytics

[2]. The Centre for Open Data Enterprise

Best,

a.