HGHC Conference Promo Codes and Summer Funding Opportunities

ndelgado8611

Mar 22, 2017, 7:05:15 AM3/22/17
to Student Society for Global Health (SSGH)

Hello SSGHers,

We hope that everyone had a great spring break. We have some exciting news that we would like to share with you all.

First, join us for the Houston Global Health Collaborative (HGHC) Sustain Conference this March 23-25. There will be speakers from the CDC, NCDFREE, Baylor International Pediatrics AIDS Initiative, Texas Children’s Hospital, and other Texas Medical Center institutions. Enjoy poster presentations and local exposition on student/local organizations. See attached flyer for a $10 off promotional coupon code. There is also information about bringing a friend for free.

Second, we would like to share information about two different international travel scholarships:

SSGH is offering a travel scholarship for 3 highly motivated individuals completing a global health practicum or conducting research work in a low or middle-income country in the summer of 2017. The 2017 SSGH Summer International Practicum/Research Scholarship review committee will select one (1) student applicant to receive up to a $500 award and two (2) more student applicants to receive up to $250. Applications are due electronically to ss...@uth.tmc.edu by 11:59pm on Friday, April 7, 2017. Please see the attached document for more information and the application.

The HGHC is collaborating with Caring Friends, Inc. to provide students up to $1000 grants to support their travel and medical brigades abroad. The trips must be service-driven and preference will be given to brigades with an established history of serving in the area (or strong evidence the brigade will be aiming to continue their service in the future). Please see the attached document titled “HGHC Travel and Essay Grant 2016-2017” for more information.

Have a great rest of your week!

The SSGH Officers

HGHC Promo (1).png
HGHC Travel and Essay Grant 2016-2017.docx
SSGH Travel Scholarship 2017.docx