2021-06-19 Zoom Fixit Clinic 572 Lund/Malmö Sweden

fixitclinic

Jun 21, 2021, 1:58:09 AM6/21/21
to Global Fixers
Hi Global Fixers:

The unedited video from 2021-06-19 Zoom Fixit Clinic 572 Lund/Malmö Sweden is here: https://youtu.be/dIPOel0QW44

See video indexing by item below, and the chat is pasted below that.

Thanks to everyone who participated in another great Zoom Fixit Clinic! And note that the fixing continues uninterrupted between Zooms on the Global Fixers Server, come join us there!

Cheers, -Peter

Participants-572 2021-06-19 Zoom Fixit Clinic Lund/Malmö Sweden

RETURNING:
Ann from USA-CA-Santa Rosa: Ann is returning with her KitchenAid mixer from the last couple of Zoom Fixit Clinics: KitchenAid B1123080. Global Fixer Howard F. in Minneapolis, MN, USA ordered parts for Ann and will walk her through installing them (Thanks, Howard!)

Sasha from CAN-ON-Georgetown: Sasha (sandwich maker and Apple charger from Zoom Fixit Clinic 570) is back with a KitchenAid Mixer KitchenAid KSM150PSER 2011 or earlier Power switch on the side keeps going to position 2, it does not want to stay at the 0 position Looked up info online.

NEW:
Ronja and Fabio from SWE-Lund: Ronja and Fabio from Circle Centre are swapping out UK electrical plugs for Swedish plugs

Deb from USA-CA-El Granada: electric clock Neon Clock Sales not known 2011 or earlier The clock loses time I took it to a clock shop but they said they wouldn't even look at it.

Naomi from USA-CA-San Carlos: Printer HP Officejet 6500A Plus 2016 The two rollers won’t pick up the paper from the tray to feed through for printing I’ve tried to research but all I get is “throw it away, new printers are cheap”

Jennifer from USA-CA-Oakland: Mini fridge Insignia Insignia NS-CF17BK9 2018 No longer running. tried clicking on thermostat, still doesn’t run. Just clicking thermostat.

Chiara from USA-MA-Milton: String lights Unknown 2012 Won’t light Was told that it could be fixed with a piece of aluminum foil I am a sewing coach :)

Sarah from USA-CA-Berkeley: wind-up music box (has an alarm for clock in same casing, clock is not working either but I'm not trying to fix the clock now)) Thorens--Made in Switzerland. Printed on the clock face is Rensie and Germany The casing is plastic which has been painted. No more information seen.I received this as a teenager 60 years ago. 2011 or earlier was not playing, unable to wind, wound too tightly, the outer switch for the music box is not operating--only stays in one position and just slips down when moved followed a you tube tutorial, opened it to expose the works, got it to wind down completely and cleaned it but didn't completely fix it.  Doesn't start when wound and switch doesn't work. The clock works are exposed but not moving at all.  Don't care if the clock gets fixed for now. The outer casing measures 7.5 inches x 3 inches, and 3 inches deep.
=======================

And here’s the chat:

11:05:41 From Peter Mui Fixit Clinic Berkeley CA US : Put where you’re from in the chat i.e.
11:05:46 From Peter Mui Fixit Clinic Berkeley CA US : Peter Berkeley CA US
11:06:04 From Kirstin in San Leandro : Kirstin in San Leandro, CA (near Berkeley)
11:06:29 From Ann Shippey : I'm from Santa Rosa, Northern California.
11:06:35 From Fabian (California) : Fabian in Fremont, CA
11:06:39 From Deb Kessler, El Granada, California : Deb in El Granada, CA (near San Francisco)
11:06:50 From Jennifer Hwang California - USA  To  Peter Mui Fixit Clinic Berkeley CA US(privately) : Jennifer in San Ramon, CA, USA
11:07:00 From Alvin Ramoutar : Alvin - Toronto, Canada
11:07:04 From Dany (Belgium) : Dany, Vilvoorde (near Brussels), Belgium
11:07:15 From Des Watson (Sussex, UK) : Des Watson - Sussex, UK
11:07:33 From Sasha - Toronto Canada : Sasha ~ Toronto Canada
11:07:36 From Marc San Francisco Bay Area, USA : Marc, in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA (near Berkeley)
11:07:42 From Bennett McCardle (Repair Cafe, Toronto, Canada) : Bennett McCardle - Repair Café Toronto, Canada
11:17:39 From Ulf Winberg (Repair Café Malmö, Sweden) : Jessika: I change to a computer. If you assign me as co-host I can try to spotlight
11:19:34 From Fabian (California)  To  Peter Mui Fixit Clinic Berkeley CA US(privately) : Hi Peter, I didn’t sign up for a broken item today but I have a digital camera where the lens cover does not fully open. I am a fixer myself but I could not figure out whether it can be fixed. Can it still be added to the agenda?
11:23:45 From Alvin Ramoutar : @Naomi - HP Officejet 6500A
11:25:36 From Fabian (California)  To  Peter Mui Fixit Clinic Berkeley CA US(privately) : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02446494
11:25:43 From Fabian (California) : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02446494
11:26:04 From Fabian (California) : Article by HP with troubleshooting steps for this exact problem
11:27:25 From bill, Cary, NC, USA : this is one of the YouTube videos on that printer
11:27:35 From bill, Cary, NC, USA : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42N0pX2PQGs
11:28:43 From Jessika Richter, RC Lund/Malmö, Sweden  To  Peter Mui Fixit Clinic Berkeley CA US(privately) : can we send a message on discord? We will have 8 rooms, but seem to be light on repairers?
11:29:23 From Peter Mui Fixit Clinic Berkeley CA US  To  Jennifer Hwang California - USA(privately) : Lemme see what I can do
11:29:35 From Marc San Francisco Bay Area, USA : do any of those chili lights work, or is it the entire string?
11:30:35 From Alvin Ramoutar : Why are you switching the fuse in the first place?
11:33:05 From Alvin Ramoutar : @Jennifer, what kind of minifridge is this?
12:39:10 From Ronja & Fabio (Circle Centre) Lund, Sweden : Thank you so so so much! We had a lot of fun, and are happy with the repair :D Unfortunately we need to leave, but hope to see you soon again!
12:39:10 From Peter Mui Fixit Clinic Berkeley CA US : Please join the always-on Global Fixers Server where we’re performing around-the-clock around-the-world repair: https://discord.gg/WZd4xWd
12:57:16 From Hannes, RC Malmö, Sweden : I have to leave, thanks for today! :)
12:59:05 From Dany (Belgium) : Has anyone tried with sanding paper 500 or so?
13:05:28 From Frank Kaufman : I have used 500 sandpaper, even finer grades on occassion
13:05:50 From Dany (Belgium) : to repair the pickup of the paper for the printer? Did it work?
13:06:18 From Frank Kaufman : No, I was using it to sand wood
13:06:36 From Alvin Ramoutar : @Dany we tried a few things for the printer pickup, lack of access made it difficult to troubleshoot
13:07:08 From Alvin Ramoutar : Naomi's homework is to try to get at the feeder, we've provided a few suggestions on things she can try once she gets there
13:07:12 From Frank Kaufman : I know how to open it
13:07:38 From Dany (Belgium) : @Alvin, by using the sanding paper in stead of the normal paper it can do the job
13:07:43 From Dany (Belgium) : without having to open it
13:08:20 From Marc L : How about trying thicker paper in the printer to see if that makes a difference?
13:08:26 From Jennifer Hwang California - USA : Is there a discord link for joining?
13:08:45 From Peter Mui Fixit Clinic Berkeley CA US : Please join the always-on Global Fixers Server where we’re performing around-the-clock around-the-world repair: https://discord.gg/WZd4xWd
13:09:50 From Rotimi.  Lagos, Nigeria : Thanks so much Jessika and Peter, ta ta for now