2020-12-13 Virtual Fixit Clinic 565 Lund/Malmö Sweden

fixitclinic

Dec 25, 2020, 10:40:16 PM12/25/20
to Global Fixers
Hi Global Fixers:

The video for 2020-12-13 Virtual Fixit Clinic Lund/Malmö Sweden is at: https://youtu.be/6SaRijZrbgE
(see indexing by item below)

Thanks to everyone who participated in another great Virtual Fixit Clinlc!
========================

Participants 565 2020-12-13 Virtual Fixit Clinic Lund/Malmö Sweden

-Myra From US-CA-Orinda: Myra (Hoover vacuum cleaner from Sept. Virtual Fixit Clinic) is back with a Battery-operated LED Lantern 2019 It turns on but won't turn off. The only way to turn it was to take out the battery. That’s not good in a power failure.

-Kimberly From SE-Lund: Food processor/"household assistant" Electrolux N4 2010 or earlier Bought used a few months ago. Have noted smell of burning rubber with use. When using the blender attachment it actually began smoking which seemed Not Good. We haven't used it since. Now it's Christmas cookie season and it would be really nice to be able to use it! Hoping in vain that my husband would fix it, then registering for this workshop :)

-Hazel From UK-Polegate-Berwick: Food Processor Morphy Richards It’s old but very useful and I’m disappointed that my Morphy Richards food processor has stopped working. It may be something simple but I need your help to find out.

-Kirstin From US-CA-San Leandro: Kirstin (\KEER-stin\) (Schlage door handle last Virtual Fixit Clinic) wants additional help, the door handle popped off again. broken door knob: we fixed it at the Brampton November fixit clinic, but it soon seemed loose, fell out when I opened the door 2 days later. Need help figuring out the mechanics to tighten the inner workings to prevent this.

-Dorothea From US-CA-Napa: Dorothea (Kitchen faucet at last Virtual Fixit Clinic) Kitchen faucet still screams AND has a pool pump that’s not working. Pool cover pump rule 1800 GPH pool cover pump Model H53SP-24 2010 or earlier It hums when plugged in. But does not pump water Nothing - I’m afraid of electricity.

-Ishwari From US-NM-Santa Fe: Ishwari (steam iron at last Virtual Fixit Clinic) wants to report back on her progress. Bernette 312104 or LR N 700688 ProGlidePlus 2016 It leaks liquidy white/grey mineral stuff when I iron. I cleaned it with vinegar but it still leaks this stuff. Cleaned it with a solution of vinegar and water - twice - per online general instructions for cleaning steam irons.
Report Back: (no report back)

-Dennis From US-CA-Oakland: Projector Infocus IN112 serial number BJBK32701443 2013 It shuts off suddenly while watching a movie connected to a laptop. It overheats, and makes a buzzing noise louder than the usual hum and whirrs and shuts off. I unplug it and power it back on, and sometimes that works, but lately it's been more consistently not working. We sometimes store it on it's side when it's not in use and I wonder if that impacts it at all. The last in-person fixit clinic in Berkeley. We supposed the fan must have been an issue, I did not follow-up.

-Nick From US-MA-Boston: Electric Space Heater DeLonghi HFX30C15.W 2020 The fan sucked up a string. Now there's a string wrapped around the fan. It runs fine (but makes a noise), but I assume it's dangerous or would cause problems to leave the string. I bought a screwdriver that fits, BUT didn't want to use it (at least not by myself) because there are warnings that say do not open, no user serviceable parts. I don't need to service anything really- I just want to know how to untangle the string without electrocuting myself or something.